Network Solutions

www.networksolutions.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Network Solutions

Nice place and people, good perks, a little slow

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Herndon, VA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Herndon, VA

I worked at Network Solutions full-time

Pros

Network Solutions is a really well-established business, and as such they can support you well - financially, training-wise, benefits, etc. They do good work, and their new partnership with Web.com has brought some positive changes

Cons

The pace of work in the engineering department was a little slow for my tastes - a fair amount of sitting around waiting for others to complete certain tasks so I could move forward on my own. Mostly due to prioritization, not due to any lack of work by others, but I found my time was very underutilized.

Put back the benefits that were in place before the Web.com merger - specifically the PTO rollover, company events/parties and social gatherings.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Network Solutions (View Most Recent)

Horrible place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Network Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Salary was not bad. That's all.

Cons

- My manager was a former engineer and became a manager just to be able to advance in his career. He had no people management skills, arrogant and rude. He asked me to do stuff that normally a manager would not ask a senior engineer to do (taking screenshots, documentation, all kind of stupid things). Sometimes, he was acting like I was not even there when I was trying to have a conversation. Basically, he was trying to make me quit so that his manager looks bad because originally his manager hired me.

Get rid of managers that DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MANAGE people.

A wolf in sheep's clothing

Former Employee - Network Support Specialist in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - Network Support Specialist in Drums, PA

I worked at Network Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Give aways, GREAT coworkers, Decent pay rate + Bonuses

Cons

When hired, you are not told you need to sell until you're already in training. No matter how well you do at the "Customer Service" job for which you applied, you need to meet sales quotas or you WILL be fired. Loved the job I was hired for; hated the sales aspect since you are required to attempt a sale on EVERY CALL. I resigned after ten months and went to another company, but sadly saw many good customer service reps let go who couldn't sell enough.

Be honest with people when you are hiring. Let them know it is a SALES position! I am horrible at sales and never would have applied had I known this.

There are newer employer reviews for Network Solutions