Network Technologies Inc

www.networktechinc.com

Good pay, okay benefits, horrible work environment.

ProsFrom my experience, and the info I've gathered from other employees, it seems that NTI pays more than most other places for most of the positions within the company. The company has been steadily growing and expanding over the last 20 years with most of the growth taking place over the last 3-5 years. Many of the people tend to work in isolation so that could be a positive or a negative depending on your level of social abilities and desires. In being a small company, most employees wear multiple hats so there is always new things to learn and understand.

ConsThe company is run by the original owner and he creates a very harsh and abrasive work environment. He frequently screams at people with profanity and makes sexual-oriented remarks toward many women. Most of the processes and procedures in place were adequate for a 10 person company but don't scale to the 100+ that the company now has. Most rules are archaic and subject to verbal amendment at any time. Time off is minimal and often requires doctor's notes. Cell phones can't be brought into the building. The owner micro-manages all aspects of the company and many people report directly to him. The lack of hierarchical structure shows in the ad-hoc day to day operaitons.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep back from micro managing, respect employees, trust employees, hire true managers, delegate duties sensibly, update internal processes away from writing everything on paper (this is 2009!!).

Very intelligent staff but low salaries and extremely difficult to get raises or reimbursed on time.

Professional Services Field Engineer (Former Employee) Erie, PA

I worked at Network Technologies Inc

Pros: Environment is great for learning on the fly if you are an independent worker. Very intelligent… Cons: Hard to get raises, employment agreement is nuts, very difficult to get reimbursed for expenses on time, the agreement you have accepting the job… Advice to Senior Management: Good company but poor communication No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Salary, Stressful work enviroment

Engineer (Former Employee) Aurora, OH

I worked at Network Technologies Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good salary (that's the only good thing i can think of.... Offering… Cons: Stressful work environment, no opportunity to grow your career, extreme level of micro-management by the company president, no meetings and no chances of having… Advice to Senior Management: Just retire and leave the company and hire a professional… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Network Technologies Inc.

Worked for Network Technologies Inc? Contribute to the Community!