Networked Insights

www.networkedinsights.com
  www.networkedinsights.com
There are newer employer reviews for Networked Insights

Loving it, can't wait for the future

I have been working at Networked Insights

Pros

I absolutely love working at NI. When people ask me where I work, I can babble on for hours.

First, it's a great field. A bit of market research, a bit of media analysis, a bit of marketing strategy--there's enough interesting work to keep you constantly learning. In previous jobs, I was bored within months unless I got a promotion. Here, I haven't felt bored or like I wasn't learning since I've started. We're using a lot of social media data as well, and it's rewarding to be on the cutting edge.

I love that everyone here matters. If you have a great idea, it doesn't get bogged down by seniority, rank, or unwarranted processes. Prove your idea has value and you're generally allowed to run with it (if there's time!).

In addition, if you take control of your career path, you will be allowed to explore what you want to explore. Say you want to get experience in X, you will be allowed to work on X. They truly understand that the best way for the company to grow its expertise it to allow individuals to explore what they want to explore.

Finally, the culture is amazing. We work hard and we play hard! It's not rare to see a group working furiously for hours without stopping nor is it rare to see people chatting, playing hacky sack, or drinking a beer. A bit of overtime here or there is not unheard of (believe me, nothing like media agencies!), but neither is taking off early after a stressful day. If you have a doctor's appointment during business hours, no worries; just make sure you get your work done. I love that management has the trust in their team to allow this to be possible.

Cons

As a small, growing company, communication is an issue. By the time management figures out an efficient way to disseminate information to everyone, the market has changed and our tactics have changed. In addition, knowledge sharing has become an issue during growth. This can be frustrating, but it's just one of the quirks of working in a growing company.

The benefits package is okay, but I wish the insurance was better.

Focus on internal communication and training. Make sure across all teams, strategy and execution is being communicated with a unified message.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Networked Insights (View Most Recent)

The Emperor Has No Clothes

I worked at Networked Insights

Pros

Better than average pay, no real supervision, very flexible time-off policy, open work space, free snacks, alcohol at work not frowned upon

Cons

There is a unfortunate mix of arrogance, immaturity and inexperience that runs through this place. Their technology is no where near where it's led on to be so you find yourself doing menial tasks that the technology should (and is supposed to) be doing. They rely on fast turnaround times as their differentiator so the "analyses" are almost always done under the gun with a speed vs accuracy mentality.

Communication is terrible which given the company's size, is inexcusable. Madison HQ seems to operate in a bubble separately from the satellite offices. Felt like people in Madison were given preferential treatment in the form of positions as a reward for having been there from the start so you have a lot of people who have little to no real experience in data analysis creating metrics out of thin air with nothing to back it up.

Pick a direction for the company and concentrate on how do it better than anyone else (TV went to Trendrr and Bluefin so you need to find something else) vs. the company's current position of sitting back and criticizing everything the competition does but never explaining why and more importantly how, NI does it better.

Analyst

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Networked Insights full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Startup environment where if you're willing to work hard and make friends you'll have incredible opportunities to contribute and grow. You can really shape your client engagement and it's great opportunities for people just starting careers. Good client work, good leadership team, smart people, good benefits especially for such a start up company. You also get a good handle on what it's like to work for a product/technology focused business, not purely consultative

Cons

Analysts are typically under resourced and under staffed and not appreciated. Focus is on the product and pitching but disconnected from the immense hard work that goes into producing those client-ready results. Often the disconnect between leadership/the actual "do"ers causes quite a bit of problems with client expectations. This has high turnover and you are definitely navigating waters that don't have much precedent - some people aren't good at dealing with a job description (and team name) that changes all the time

Cease making massive decisions that imapct the entire company without consulting the people that actually do the work
    Minimize the high turnover and burnout rates, get more clients = get more staff

There are newer employer reviews for Networked Insights