Neuberger Berman

www.nb.com

I have been here for 4 monhts and have already started interveiwing elsewhere.

Operations Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCo-workers are freindly and easy to get along with. The hours are flexible and I can sometimes work from home.

ConsPay is low
401k could be much better, espeacially considering that we are an investment company
Technology is very outdated.
Everyday is perpetually worse than the day before.

I just want to add that I was at my last job in the same industry for 5 years and really enjoyed it, but we decided to relocate to NYC for personal reasons and I took the first job that was offered. However I did think that this could have been a great oppurtunity and that I could advance in the company. I was mistaken, I look around at people who have been here 10+ years and are still at my level. I personally don't like interviewing and didn't want to job hop, but I have no choice. This place flat out sucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut some money and resources into operations, its not 1993 anymore. Also you could think about changing the structure of the 401k. Last year at my old company matched 100% of my first 4% and then 50% of my contribtuions up to 10%, not to mention my end of year performance bonus match. I contributed 6% and they matched 5% in addition to the 8% bonus, that is 13%; I got 0% from NB becuase I hadn't been here a year yet. Your "Robust" compensation plan that I was told about turned out to be pure "BS."

Great benefits and laid back atmosphere

Client Services (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Neuberger Berman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great working environment and great work/life balance Cons: Hard to move up in career Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Ok Company to work for

Client Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Neuberger Berman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good size firm and great employees to work with Cons: Limited opportunity for career growth or moving over to other… Advice to Senior Management: Develop a better career path and compensation program Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Neuberger Berman.

Worked for Neuberger Berman? Contribute to the Community!