NeuroMetrix

www.neurometrix.com
  www.neurometrix.com
There are newer employer reviews for NeuroMetrix

It was O.K. when they were making money.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at NeuroMetrix

Pros

If you want to try being part of a company that has one last chance to bounce back with their SL product, then try it out.

Cons

They probably have a 50/50 shot of success with their new product. Even if they succeed, they would only return to making a small profit so there would not be much room for growth.

COMMUNICATE with each one of your employees and customers. It's easy to do because there aren't many of them left.

5 Other Employee Reviews for NeuroMetrix (View Most Recent)

Good money, pathetic management decisions

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at NeuroMetrix

Pros

autonomy, complete freedom to roam as long as you are a top performer
    earnings potential is very good, again as long as you are a top performer.
    Decent earnings if you are only average. Its all relative though.
    easy to learn the product

Cons

Clueless decision making with respect to business model. They have no idea what the physicians are thinking when they roll out their pricing decisions.
    Treat employees like crap
    Are overly cautious, to a fault, because of Joint Commission problems
    Want the rep to be a robot.
    After awhile you conscious may get to you because of the multitude of issues face when selling, referring to reimbursment and the company direction.

gain some knowledge of the marketplace. Most strategic decisions made are flat out wrong.

Awesome experience!

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Waltham, MA

I worked at NeuroMetrix as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern, the best part of working here was being in an environment where I was given autonomy and expected to perform. A lot was expected of me regarding research, but it forced me to live up to the expectations. I grew a lot as an independent professional while here and being immersed in the engineering-heavy environment that I was not used to gave me a great view of a different world of research. Also, the free lunch on Fridays was nice!

Cons

None that I saw. As a summer intern I was not as integrated into the company as the engineers and other employees were, but it seemed like most people really got along and enjoyed working there. Most importantly the employees seemed to love what they did and the fact that they are helping people by making their devices.

There are newer employer reviews for NeuroMetrix