Neustar

www.neustar.biz

Place you

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Brisbane, CA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Brisbane, CA

Pros

-Supportive environment from peers
-Structured (for those who like structure)
-Improved training modules
-A great place to learn sales techniques and team atmosphere

Cons

-Big disconnect from Management and Employees
-Limited professional and career advancement
-Relatively "unsecure"
-Products need to improve
-Promotions and raises are also quite infrequent.

- lead by example and stop hiding behind the "good ole boy" network
- clearly communicate vision and strategy to employees
- be fair, promote good people, instead of hiring cronies
- stop using PIP's as a motivation tool
- switch corporate culture to cultivation and collaboration to improve productivity, pride, and self-motivation

Other reviews for Neustar

Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

Current Employee - Database Administrator  in  Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Sterling, VA

Pros

Excellent benefits. 401K terrific. Low co-pays and none if you choose the HMO (which, good grief, who wants an HMO? But at least they offer it as a viable choice).

Cons

-Terrible parking conditions. No parking garage so our cars are left to the devices of mother nature. I had to grab a taxi once last year because I couldn't get my car scraped off and dug out after one of our large snows. I'm tired of walking out in the rain, the snow, the wind, the cold. We are spread across 4 sub-par buildings in an industrial park which is underwhelming.

-Horrible work conditions and expectations. 70+ hours are the norm in my group and there is no comp time. I'm seeking employment elsewhere after only a few years because I'm absolutely exhausted all the time and my spouse is fed up with the lack of understanding from management.

-Neustar has some exciting products/prospects but the lofty financial goals come at an exceedingly high price.

-Little respect towards non-management employees.

-Hiring? Ridiculous. First, we are basically an Aol. auxillary campus! It's really not even funny at this point. And, when jobs are posted, if there is a referral candidate, HR still strings countless potential candidates along even though these unwitting souls have no hope of being hiring. It's senseless and a complete waste of everyone's time. I've seen this happen time & time & time again over the last few years and I'm always left shaking my head. "Why bother bringing in all these candidates when you have no intention of considering them?" It's not fair and it quite ruthless actually. These candidates come in with the best of intentions but they are being played. i saw this happen again just this month. In this case I was an acquaintance with one of the potential candidates and he was winded after the demoralizing experience. WAKE UP HR! Professionalism is a two-way street.

-Too much game playing and back stabbing. Not enough information sharing.

Respect your teams. Comp time is crucial to maintain your talent. You are kidding yourselves if you think you can continue this pace with your present level of staff. I'm bailing and I know 3 others who are actively seeking employment elsewhere. If you aren't careful, you are going to be just a mirror of the Aol. experience/fiasco. This is fair warning.

Great place to learn how NOT to run a sales organization!

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Sterling, VA

Pros

Sales floor is filled with talented professionals.
    Operations is very sales focused

Cons

Sales managers are unprofessional. Favoritism is a huge issue. If you don't go out and party with the managers you will not receive leads, office placement, promotions, etc....
    Pay is far below average
    Every month is a probation month
    Quotas are a number that is hoped for, not a realistic number.
    Sales is moving to a call center attitude, pay a lot of people as little money as possible to answer phones

Pay attention to your front line employees. The sales staff pays your salary, treat them as such.

There are newer employer reviews for Neustar.

Worked for Neustar? Contribute to the Community!