There are newer employer reviews for New Breed Logistics

Good theory, Bad practice.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belvidere, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belvidere, IL

I have been working at New Breed Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good training, most management is dedicated. Great parties for holidays.

Cons

From the top down(from what I have seen, I am bottom of the bottom) there is a fair amount of petty arguing and an attitude of "I don't like you and I'm going to get you fired." There are people who have been with the company for less than 5 years who believe that they have what they call "pull" around the place. And while lying and setting up for failure is common, the people who get fired because of it would probably get fired anyway. Also there is a feeling of control that you get from middle management, which i guess is supposed to take the form of comfort, but usually ends up sounding asinine. Perfect example, I am writing this review anonymously because we were told that if we write anything online about the company we would be instantly terminated. Ridiculous. Bottom line is this - the company is saturated with people who are unhappy in their jobs, and their lives and it shows. A constant feeling of hatred and animosity throughout. one more thing, you are made to feel that the wage you are earning is so much better then everywhere else, when in fact it is comparable at best.

Advice to Management

Take advice from the hundreds of disgruntled employees and they may become helpful. Learn to be tactful, even if it's a stupid idea you have no need to tell them that. They don't even have a suggestion box. You are made to feel worthless, and as a result almost everyone under general manager level is looking for other work secretly. This exact problem has led to other companies failing, workers are assets, not machines.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Nope, Not, Nada... It's a Negative!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

I worked at New Breed Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to gain a check until you find a mediocre job. Was minutes away from where I lived. Saved hundreds of dollars on gas.

Cons

Executive management all the way down lack any sense of leadership. This is a true blue corporate American company, with plenty of Chinese overtime. Don't know what Chinese overtime is, google it. You will laugh and steer clear of this company. Company will invest in everything but the employees. Instead, we were offered tennis, golf and baseball tickets, along with between 1-3% raises, if that. Rumor has it that the owner states that the Christmas party is our bonus. Wow! Really?

Advice to Management

When are you going to figure out that we're assets? You commit to us, and we will bust our behinds for you. If you continue to be self-serving, we will continue to do just enough. It start with you. It ends with us. On that note, I wish you an overdue adieu.

2. At New Breed, your expertise is what drives our growing success

Current Employee - Business Development Analyst in High Point, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development Analyst in High Point, NC

I have been working at New Breed Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New Breed is a large company, but has the culture of a smaller company. Very open, direct. Company is large enough to accommodate various career paths.

Cons

Some groups not very organized, Too many Projects with conflicting priorities.

Advice to Management

None