New Breed Logistics

www.newbreed.com

Cattle herders and slave drivers

Former Employee - Returns Department Trainer  in  Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Returns Department Trainer in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Four-day work weeks, and nice co-workers on the production floor. Well, some were anyway....

Cons

I worked there a number of years ago, but I doubt the attitude of management has changed. The majority of management were formerly military officers, the downside being very inflexible supervisors with superiority complexes ("me commander, you lowlife peons") Mandatory overtime, and if you couldn't attend you were fired. Most departments had to STAND THE ENTIRE SHIFT, 10-13 hours a day.... no slouching, resting against the workbench, or walking away from bench, just standing still. Had to stand at workbench until the exact minute the shift ended, could not walk away a minute before, everyone treated like children. EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER... during peak volume conducted mass hires of 300 PEOPLE A WEEK, SEVERAL WEEKS AT A TIME and when volume went down everyone fired for not reaching productivity goals! When hired was told you'd become permanent in 90 days, but usually took at least 6 months. and don't get me started on the obscene level of security, with a NO TOLERANCE POLICY for which a 6-year employee who was a 60yo man was arrested for accidentally walking through the metal detector with a battery in his pocket.

My biggest complaint- upon being promoted to a new position I was told I would receive "a significant raise, but you'll have to wait a little while for it to be approved, but you'll receive BACKPAY for the time you wait." I wound up waiting 9 MONTHS for my raise (with me constantly questioning when I'd receive it), and finally only received ONE MONTH OF BACKPAY. By my calculations they OWED ME OVER $5000 OF BACKPAY that I did not ever receive. And then they were surprised that I quit!

Treat your employees like human beings, not cattle. And, let people sit down for crying out loud! You'll have higher productivity with happier employees, regardless of what "time studies" say about sitting vs. standing. Use some common sense.

Other reviews for New Breed Logistics

The CEO sets the tone of ineffective leadership!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Pros

Nothing!No integrity. No employee engagement. This company only cares about lying to the clients, customer; not doing anything for employees but buying t shirts; which the t shirts are required by dress code policy.

Cons

The CEO bullies management and HR; speaking to managment very discriminatory, making deragtory statements. This is the only company that doesnt have any HR managers that are minority nor Senior managers that are minority. Either you roll their way or the high way! It's sad that if you are unliked by certain individuals you may not have a job.

Just wait till the clients and customers start reviewing the company ethics and standpoints: Disney, Logitech, Siemens, Boeing. Its awful, the lies and deceit that are told to clients daily.

Treat others as you would want to be treated. Stop being fake, phony; just remain true to policies and be consistent. HR manager should stay consistent with policies and not kiss up and trail CEO and other managers . Words of advice: Do your job!

The worst place to work in America

Former Employee - Engineer  in  High Point, NC
    Former Employee - Engineer in High Point, NC

Pros

You get a paycheck and the CEO gives out lots of freebies.

Cons

The management form the CEO down are the mos ineffective group I have ever seen. they treat their staff like belongings all the while accomplishing nothing. Projects are never completed and no one is held accountable. The lack of experience in managing effective groups is apparent.

Hire someone who knows what they are doing.

There are newer employer reviews for New Breed Logistics.

Worked for New Breed Logistics? Contribute to the Community!