There are newer employer reviews for New Breed Logistics

Dynamic, fast moving, customer-focused company providing motivating challenges.

Current Employee - Manager IT in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Manager IT in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at New Breed Logistics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Step up your game and you will see many growth opportunities. Don't and you will be left behind. This company has experienced tremendous growth in my 10 years and has afforded me good opportunities. The hours can be long at times, but financially and oppotunistically rewarding. The CEO is without question one of the most engaged and focused in the industry, has very high expectations of the employees (as he should), and rewards those that are serious contributors. The company appears to be very finacially stable, is on a steady growth path, and contributes significantly to the community.

Cons

With growth comes challenges, and the potential for reward. Not everyone in the organization understands that, and with over 7,000 employees you will always have people that will complain about their managers as seen in some of the reviews posted here. From my experience, this is the place for motivated people who love to be challenged and all others should get out of the way.

Advice to Management

Keep your focus on customer service and advocacy. Recent executive changes look like they will contribute significantly to continued growth and excitement in the organization. Keep that focus!

Other Employee Reviews for New Breed Logistics

Need an overhaul

Pros

good pay, sometime give out gift cards

Cons

Need to use some Six sigma tools to get orders out on time. no hours when it slow.

Advice to Management

poor management, they do not know how to talk or treat you. All floor associates are dissatified

Cattle herders and slave drivers

Former Employee - Returns Department Trainer in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Returns Department Trainer in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at New Breed Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Four-day work weeks, and nice co-workers on the production floor. Well, some were anyway....

Cons

I worked there a number of years ago, but I doubt the attitude of management has changed. The majority of management were formerly military officers, the downside being very inflexible supervisors with superiority complexes ("me commander, you lowlife peons") Mandatory overtime, and if you couldn't attend you were fired. Most departments had to STAND THE ENTIRE SHIFT, 10-13 hours a day.... no slouching, resting against the workbench, or walking away from bench, just standing still. Had to stand at workbench until the exact minute the shift ended, could not walk away a minute before, everyone treated like children. EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER... during peak volume conducted mass hires of 300 PEOPLE A WEEK, SEVERAL WEEKS AT A TIME and when volume went down everyone fired for not reaching productivity goals! When hired was told you'd become permanent in 90 days, but usually took at least 6 months. and don't get me started on the obscene level of security, with a NO TOLERANCE POLICY for which a 6-year employee who was a 60yo man was arrested for accidentally walking through the metal detector with a battery in his pocket. My biggest complaint- upon being promoted to a new position I was told I would receive "a significant raise, but you'll have to wait a little while for it to be approved, but you'll receive BACKPAY for the time you wait." I wound up waiting 9 MONTHS for my raise (with me constantly questioning when I'd receive it), and finally only received ONE MONTH OF BACKPAY. By my calculations they OWED ME OVER $5000 OF BACKPAY that I did not ever receive. And then they were surprised that I quit!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings, not cattle. And, let people sit down for crying out loud! You'll have higher productivity with happier employees, regardless of what "time studies" say about sitting vs. standing. Use some common sense.