Need an overhaul

I worked at New Breed Logistics

Pros

good pay, sometime give out gift cards

Cons

Need to use some Six sigma tools to get orders out on time. no hours when it slow.

Advice to Management

poor management, they do not know how to talk or treat you. All floor associates are dissatified

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Cattle herders and slave drivers

Former Employee - Returns Department Trainer in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Returns Department Trainer in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at New Breed Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Four-day work weeks, and nice co-workers on the production floor. Well, some were anyway....

Cons

I worked there a number of years ago, but I doubt the attitude of management has changed. The majority of management were formerly military officers, the downside being very inflexible supervisors with superiority complexes ("me commander, you lowlife peons") Mandatory overtime, and if you couldn't attend you were fired. Most departments had to STAND THE ENTIRE SHIFT, 10-13 hours a day.... no slouching, resting against the workbench, or walking away from bench, just standing still. Had to stand at workbench until the exact minute the shift ended, could not walk away a minute before, everyone treated like children. EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER... during peak volume conducted mass hires of 300 PEOPLE A WEEK, SEVERAL WEEKS AT A TIME and when volume went down everyone fired for not reaching productivity goals! When hired was told you'd become permanent in 90 days, but usually took at least 6 months. and don't get me started on the obscene level of security, with a NO TOLERANCE POLICY for which a 6-year employee who was a 60yo man was arrested for accidentally walking through the metal detector with a battery in his pocket. My biggest complaint- upon being promoted to a new position I was told I would receive "a significant raise, but you'll have to wait a little while for it to be approved, but you'll receive BACKPAY for the time you wait." I wound up waiting 9 MONTHS for my raise (with me constantly questioning when I'd receive it), and finally only received ONE MONTH OF BACKPAY. By my calculations they OWED ME OVER $5000 OF BACKPAY that I did not ever receive. And then they were surprised that I quit!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings, not cattle. And, let people sit down for crying out loud! You'll have higher productivity with happier employees, regardless of what "time studies" say about sitting vs. standing. Use some common sense.

The worst place to work in America

Former Employee - Engineer in High Point, NC
    Former Employee - Engineer in High Point, NC

I worked at New Breed Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck and the CEO gives out lots of freebies.

Cons

The management form the CEO down are the mos ineffective group I have ever seen. they treat their staff like belongings all the while accomplishing nothing. Projects are never completed and no one is held accountable. The lack of experience in managing effective groups is apparent.

Advice to Management

Hire someone who knows what they are doing.