New England Insights

The right fit for me

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Natick, MA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Natick, MA

I have been working at New England Insights full-time for more than a year

Pros

Office Happy Hour, Awesome travel opportunities, Fun contests and bonus’s, team environment, great training & coaching, AND A REAL OPPORTUNITY TO ADVANCE WITHIN THE COMPANY.

Cons

None in my opinion, what I hear people complain about most is stuff like, “its hard work” or “you really have to be committed if you want to move up in a management role” And I agree with that, IT DOES TAKE HARD WORK AND COMITTMENT TO MAK THIS A CAREER, Isn’t that true just about anywhere though? I think sometimes because the company structure is fast passed, and someone can get promoted quickly people start to think it’s a, “get rich quick scheme” when it certainly it not it takes time and effort.

Here are the questions I get asked a lot by new or potential employees.

Q: How is it working based on a performance based compensation plan?
A: I really enjoy it, I had never had a performance based position before and I will admit I was a little nervous at first, but in my honest opinion it’s awesome I EARNED $45,000 my first year with the company, and the company also puts some really cool training incentives and bonus’s for new reps to help out in the first couple months as I was still learning the ropes.

Q: how fast can someone move up in to a management role?
A: The advancement is based performance (not just sales performance) OVERALL PERFORMANCE. So it depends a little but from what I've seen so far as long as someone doesn't screw up the easy stuff and is really trying to be a great at what they do and move up, about 9 months to a year is realistic.

Q: I've never done sales and don’t know if I’ll have the personality for it, do I have to be really pushy?
A: I had never done sales before I started with Adaptable, they provide really good and simple training that allows someone with good communication skills to pick up quickly. If you are really introverted and are not great with communication it might be a struggle (although I've seen some people really develop their communication skills and get good if they are willing to really put forth the effort) from what I've seen having a background in industry’s that deal with a lot of personal interactions like retail, serving, customer service, and bar-tending tends to be really good transferable skills for this position. As far is being pushy, the company’s style of selling is much more relationship building and creating a win for both customer and client. It’s NOT slimy, deceitful, overly aggressive sales but then again you do have to be a little persistent sometimes and deal with some rejection come on now its sales!

8 Other Employee Reviews for New England Insights (View Most Recent)

It's OK

I worked at New England Insights

Pros

Great People to work with!

Cons

Can't find anything wrong with this company..

Keep doing what you are doing!

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Natick, MA

I worked at New England Insights full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people in the office are really great, enthusiastic, and friendly to newcomers. They have a great training program.

Cons

I thought they were misleading about what the job actually would be like. They called what they do "direct selling" and are required to dress business professional, but they don't tell you they are door-to-door salespeople who go out in khaki pants and Verizon polos. Compensation is rough-- mostly just commission and a really low draw ($350), which you won't get if you make over that.

The interview process needs to be more straight-forward about the nature of compensation, and what the job "Account Manager" actually means.

There are newer employer reviews for New England Insights

Worked for New England Insights? Contribute to the Community!