There are newer employer reviews for New Era Events

Job descriptions very deceiving

I worked at New Era Events

Pros

Interviewing and hiring process moves quickly

Cons

The job title I applied for and the actual position itself do not match at all. I believed this to be a campaign coordinator/ event planner/ marketing position. This position consists of selling inside a box at Sam's Club...And that's it. You are selling products that have not hit the store yet.
Your pay is an hourly wage (minimum wage) or based on your performance of how you sell these products.
All employees, even managers in training are put inside a sampling box at Sam's to sell.

If you are looking for a entry level, cold selling job then this could be a good fit for you.

Be honest about job postings. This is a ground level sales job

4 Other Employee Reviews for New Era Events (View Most Recent)

Run!

Former Employee - Events Coordinator in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Events Coordinator in Memphis, TN

I worked at New Era Events full-time (less than an year)

Pros

* Public Speaking & networking with others

Cons

*The pay is minimum wage OR commission averaged out over a period of two weeks. In the end you don't make over an average of $10 dollars an hour.
    *You have to compete for hours.
    *Extensive travel, gas expense out of your own pocket (over 30 miles a day)
    *You have to attend weekly meetings, even if it's a day off.
    *Sporadic days off every two weeks- quickly burn out.
    *Constantly on the phone with several people and conference calls that you are NOT compensated for.
    *Poor culture- lack of discretion and tact on behalf of manager and staff. A cult like mentality that takes advantage of recent college grads and the generally naive.
    *Extremely high turnover rate. Many don't stay longer than a couple of weeks.
    *It's not marketing its sales. The 'event' is a booth at Sam's Club or Costco. You're basically a sample person.
    *Daily sales revenue is extremely important despite what management says.
    *Travel expenses are poorly taken care of. Out of pocket expenses include everything but hotel and car rental. Usually placed in poorly kept hotels with conspicuous clientele. They hardly have microwaves or fridges so you are forced to eat out every day.
    *Promotions take up to a year, and even then you are FORCED to move out of state with little hope for success. Even then you are not in charge of yourself; you still have to be compliant with Smart Circle.
    *CEO uses profanity and degrades other female employees

This company is for anyone who has had the ambition to be their own boss or have a high-ranked position in their career

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at New Era Events full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The training program, gave me a wealth of business/marketing knowledge in an accelerated time period and improved my communication skills.

Cons

The training program took a lot of my once available free time. I wasn't able to be around friends and family as much as I became accustomed to.

If you are going to do the program, come into to it with all your eggs in one basket and fully invested. You will see rapid growth and make strides to management very quickly.

There are newer employer reviews for New Era Events