New Flyer

www.newflyer.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for New Flyer

Bureaucratic, good people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at New Flyer

Pros

good people
challenging work areas
good CEO

Cons

people on the floor are pushed very hard
floor shop are managed by politics
promotions are very hard to come

Get capable senior management

9 Other Employee Reviews for New Flyer (View Most Recent)

Why this place sucks to work at.

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say. in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say. in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I worked at New Flyer

Pros

Good place for an engineer to learn about automotive systems.

Cons

The stupidest thing about New Flyer is that they make salaried employees punch a clock and harass you if you are late. The second stupidest thing related to the first thing is that the work hours are 7 am to 3:30 pm. So if you punch in at 7:03 am you are considered late. Call me high maintenance or stuck up but telling salaried staff they are 3 minutes late is stupid. Also add to the fact that they didn't pay out overtime. So in summary, as a salaried employee at New Flyer Industries you punch clock, your insubordinate if you come in late, don't get paid overtime, and the wages were crap. Add to the fact that your in Winnipeg Canada and what New Flyer attracts is people who really need a job afraid to take risks and afraid to be creative who keep their jobs if they stay inside the box. I thank them that they did employ me, but I wasn't happy there.

Get rid of your punching time clock/late policy for salaried staff.

A great Engineering company with lots to do in mechanical engineering areas.

Current Employee - Validation Engineer (Mechanical Engineer) in La Canada, CA
    Current Employee - Validation Engineer (Mechanical Engineer) in La Canada, CA

I have been working at New Flyer

Pros

Good team working environment and options to promot to a higher level by virtue of talent and capacity of employees. Moreover, there is a good working environment and company institutional calture.

Cons

All the working environment was great; but my position was contract/ term position/ and i had to stop at the end of the contract. On the other hand, since the company acquired and other similar company, it had to accommodate the engineers from the new company where i had to wait until all of them are positioned.

Open discussion between employees and management is constructive both sides as it motivates the employee and may also get the employees better contribution to be implemented in the company's current working methodology which could be efficient once in a while.

There are newer employer reviews for New Flyer