New French Bakery
www.newfrenchbakery.com Minneapolis, MN 150 to 499 Employees

Lack of: Respect, communication, empowerment, fairness, teamwork. Opressive environment.

Management (Former Employee)

I worked at New French Bakery full-time for less than a year

ProsA few good people that want to make a difference (but are overpowered). As one of the positive reviews stated: Geat product! (but forgot to mention what it's like to work there.) Innovative in the market and have customers convinced they are cohesive.

ConsNot interested in using critical thinking in correcting recurring problems and issues. No foresight of consequences of some of the practices - seem to think they are protected from a major event that could destroy the company. Unfair practices in treatment of people. People not allowed to perform job hired to do. People are set-up to work against each other. No forum for group involvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a Board of Directors. Deal with HR issues, support one another in not allowing some of the business practices, set some goalsl other than productivity, understand and apply continuous improvement, develop some cross-functional teams, stop being afraid, upset the organization and take a giant leap so that people will actually want to work there. Letting things "roll off your back" is really allowing yourself to be unrightfully mistreated.

Low paying, almost slave labor

Sanitation (Current Employee)

I have been working at New French Bakery

Pros: Nice co-workers, they buy you lunch once a month. They… Cons: Low pay, bad benefits, unsafe environment they tell you that you get vacation Then refuse to… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of you employees after all they make you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

solid opportunity for advancement in a company that produces a high quality product

I have been working at New French Bakery

Pros: Company is highly respected for the product it produces. Cons: productions runs 365 days a year Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on New French Bakery.

Worked for New French Bakery? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New French Bakery reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for New French Bakery CEO Brian Owens. All reviews posted anonymously by New French Bakery employees.