New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Great Lakes

www.nhgreatlakes.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Great Lakes

Great Sales Role For The Right Individual

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Great Lakes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New Horizons provides a lot of tools and resources to their sales reps. They offer unlimited training to employees and their immediate families. There is uncapped commission plan with quarterly bonus for surpassing your sales number. This is a sales role so it should be noted that you will be expected to perform. I've seen a lot of negative comments about poor management. However, I think that is more a reflection of the poor performance of previous sales reps.

Cons

Lack of communication. Also, the operations and deliveries could be better. There are some technical issues that could be avoided with proper communication and planning.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent with your management style.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I actually like my job

Current Employee - Career Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Career Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Great Lakes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management team seems to generally care about the employees of the center. The base is low, but the total compensation plan can be pretty lucrative. I have worked in many different sales environments both in management as well as a sales representative and have never been in an environment as easy going as this. The schedule is easy 7:45-4:45 and unlike many other sales environments I have been in, the management team won’t make you feel bad for leaving before 5. They actually set the time up like this so the train commute is easier on everyone. This brings me to my next point. The number one pro of working for New Horizons is they actually treat you like an adult. They do not micro manage you, they do not belittle you, they let you work. The flip side of this is you do have to be able to work well independently and have to be self-motivated. The Chicago office is actually a fun place to work. I can legitimately say that every person that works on the sales team are my friends and I think everyone that works here feels the same. (By friends I mean work friends, not go out and get drunk after work friends) If you are looking for a party atmosphere this definitely is not it, but the people that work here are all great people. It may take a few weeks to get in with everyone, but once you do it is a really enjoyable place to work. (Both the Management team and Individually) Now on to the more important issue of will I make money? The answer is definitively yes. The sales process is pretty standard and easy. Even if you do not make your sales quota you are still paid the same commission rate, you are not negatively impacted for having down months. This does sometime cause the issue of accepting mediocrity. However, if you are motivated you can really make as much as you want if you choose to keep selling. Despite the recent posts I have only seen one person let go since I started with the company nearly 7 months ago. At the end of the day it’s a sales environment, if you miss your goals there will eventually be consequences, but as I said I have only seen one person let go since I have been here. Ultimately you will make your own decision whether or not this is the right fit for you. I have been successful since coming aboard and I honestly can say I would recommend this job to even my closest of friends.

Cons

Not a lot of Growth Potential. I also wish there was more bonus potential. (Who doesn’t I guess)

Advice to Management

Individuals on this page have painted the wrong picture. You are doing fine.

An employment opportunity in IT Sales that works for the right person

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Great Lakes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Over the years, New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (Great Lakes) employed Account Executives with little to no experience in the IT space and transformed them into knowledgeable IT sales personnel. There's great comradery among the sales team and everyone looks out for one another - uncommon in most sales environments. The management team is fair, just and willing to tell it as it is - uncommon in almost environment. There's an experienced Support/Administrative team with several years of industry knowledge which makes the role of Account Executive a pleasant one. The product you're putting in front of your clients (Instructors) are top notch and willing to take a pro-active approach as the company's Subject Matter Experts when called on to do so.

Cons

The metric based system used to measure how well an Account Executive is doing can be misleading, at times. The company can use a makeover on the training content it delivers and shouldn't try to be everything to everyone (too many courses available). If they were to pick 3 focus areas and expand the curriculum with customized content in those areas, they can penetrate an additional audience. But, I guess that means dropping the New Horizons CLC brand.

Advice to Management

Refer to my "Cons".