New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

www.newhorizons.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

Best job I have ever had

Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

Pros

1. Work with very smart, driven people
2. Opportunity to learn and grow to use here or elsewhere
3. Opportunity for very high income IF you are willing to learn/work hard/be good at it
4. Opportunity to make a lot of money WHILE enhancing people's career opportunities

Cons

1. You actually need to work really hard to make a six figure income....shocking!
2. Challenging work
3. Requires minimum commitment of at least a year to be good

Senior Management should focus on growth and development and be patient. It does take a while to be good at this stuff, and support is necessary

117 Other Employee Reviews for New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (View Most Recent)

A good place to work

Former Employee - Instructor in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Instructor in Des Moines, IA

I worked at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

Pros

I had a lot of autonomy in the classroom. My coworkers were great. It was fun to always have the latest versions of programs to work on and teach.

Cons

It can be a challenge to stay on top of every new version of every program. Some communication gaps at times between sales and instructors

Have to make sure that communication between employees happens. That's the whole nature of the business - passing on knowledge. Sometimes the instructors didn't always know the background stories.

A wastse of time (I can only speak for Dallas)

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

Pros

Dallas NH is very family oriented. Management will allow you whatever time you need to resolve any family or health issues that may arise and will cover your accounts in your absence.

Classes can be taken for free (but you have to pay retail price for books and courseware).

Cons

Underpaid, poor working conditions, advancement opportunity only arises if your superior is terminated and not because of company growth. Management treats the sales staff with a complete lack of respect, "a monkey can do your job". The attrition rate for sales is probably around 200 or 300 percent annually.

I have received recognition in NH monthly news letters (almost every month), I have received company awards, great employee reviews, etc. and I would never work there again.

What can I say that you don't already know?

There are newer employer reviews for New Horizons Computer Learning Centers