New Perspective Senior Living

www.npseniorliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for New Perspective Senior Living

Great Place to work

I have been working at New Perspective Senior Living as an intern

Pros

Great People, enjoyable work environment

Cons

None that I know of

7 Other Employee Reviews for New Perspective Senior Living (View Most Recent)

I truly enjoyed my job and the opportunities to contribute my skills and talents.

I worked at New Perspective Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with the residents was truly rewarding

Cons

Salary did not feel as rewarding as the work.

Clear communication.

Management is awful and does not care about their caregivers!

Former Employee - Caregiver in Waconia, MN
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Waconia, MN

I worked at New Perspective Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The caregivers and residents are wonderful and willing to help each other out at any given moment.

Cons

The Mission Statement "Put the Residents first in everything you do" only applies to the caregivers. Management does not care about the Residents and only cares about occupancy. They do not care if staff is properly trained in medical procedures (feeding tubes catheters, etc), they do not care about the safety and necessities that the Residents deserve and they do not care if caregivers work too many hours and are stressed out and burning out. I voiced my opinion on a few occasions that Residents have to wait for basic cares, Residents were being neglected because caregivers have no time to sit and listen and care for them anymore, Residents have falls and caregivers have to wait for other caregivers to help assist and get them the medical and physical attention they need, caregivers work too many hours, no one is being hired, etc, etc, but nothing was being done and things only got worse. The day after I put in my 30 day notice (I was nice enough to give them enough time to find a replacement and finish out all the extra shifts I had taken on), we were short staffed once again, I once again voiced how stressful the night was going to be and that the Residents are no longer first, I was then called to the ED's office and told it was safer for the Residents and myself to leave immediately since my stress level was so high. That left my co-workers and shift even shorter! ED walked me down to gather my belongings and that was that. Very disappointed in management and very irresponsible. LEC's even voiced their opinion to management that they would not want their mother or father living at the Lighthouse! Neither would I.....

Care and listen to your caregivers concerns!

There are newer employer reviews for New Perspective Senior Living