New Relic

There are newer employer reviews for New Relic

Phenomenal! Best job I've ever had, by far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at New Relic full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is chock full of smart, personable, and interesting people who are engaged with their work and the company. People have a life outside of work (the office is empty by 6, unless we're having a karaoke night in our cafe), and the company is really supportive of its employees - making changes to get better based on employee feedback, providing opportunities for us to work on projects we're interested (when possible) and to learn things to expand our skills and interests. Everyone is incredibly friendly and open. It's not uncommon for me to have a hallway conversation with the CEO, or eat lunch with the President, or a delightful conversation with people in the sales, marketing, biz dev orgs at our cafe. I've been blown away by the culture that has continued to flourish even through a big increase in employees this year. I think a lot of it has to do to how humble open management has been about not being perfect, backed by a willingness to experiment with change when things aren't working.

Cons

The pay is decent, but not amazing for San Francisco (no bonus structure, no 401k match), and when I was hired, they weren't willing to get very creative in negotiations for other things (like more PTO, etc) in exchange for a lower salary. I was told the culture makes it well worthwhile and that's largely true, assuming money isn't your top priority in a job.

Stay nimble, willing to experiment and hold on to the core values that help support such a fantastic culture!

56 Other Employee Reviews for New Relic (View Most Recent)

Just Average And Somewhat Disappointing

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at New Relic full-time

Pros

Smart people
    Excellent Product
    Great Locations
    Decent Leadership Team

Cons

Interview process was among the worst. No communication from HR. Poor follow up
    Lack respect by HR department for people interviewing
    Average or below average salaries
    Poor Bonus Structure
    Salaries are not competitive
    Lack of 401K match
    Stock Option Packages lack equality, and below market.
    Stock Options not a reason to work here - For a pre-IPO company, stock option allocations for new employees are very small and non-competitive
    Company does not deliver on it's primises

Be more competitive with the market. 401K match is over due. Salaries are becoming less competitive. Other start ups are more attractive.
    People Ops is a problem. Look into it.

Sets the Standard

Current Employee - Developer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Developer in Portland, OR

I have been working at New Relic full-time

Pros

Employees are empowered to utilize their full potential. Culture of collaboration and teamwork. Everywhere you turn there are thought leaders, brilliant minds, accomplished technologists, absent of arrogance and entitlement.
    Family friendly work environment.
    The company has grown from a handful of employees to over 300 without the disruption of major engineering re-organization or significant injection of outside managers or celebrity executives.
    The executive leadership is honest and open, and the values place the employees as a top priority.

Cons

No catered lunches.
    Constantly evolving, things move fast, organization is very fluid. You have to adapt.

Don't forget who got ya' there!

There are newer employer reviews for New Relic