There are newer employer reviews for New Relic

Great company, great leadership, great coworkers.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at New Relic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast growth. Some great managers. Always something interesting to work on, with the ability to move around to other teams, languages, and technologies. Encouraged conference attendance. Beautiful and convenient office locations. Office amenities targeted based on location (this is a plus and minus).

Cons

They hire nationally, but benchmark locally. Average compensation. Below average PTO. Working from home/remote rare or exceptional.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Culture has eroded

Former Employee - Sales - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at New Relic full-time

Pros

Great Product, will get bought out or go public

Cons

Leadership on sales side is weak (with the exception of a few). Amazing culture is gone. Everything "Preached" doesn't occur

Advice to Management

This WAS the perfect company to work for. Now it's a good place to make $ as the company scales. Just be honest about that...as the communication internally isn't fooling anyone

I've worked many places...New Relic is *by* *far* the best of them all...

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at New Relic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

***This is an update to my previous review.*** I've been here going on two years, and New Relic is *still* my favorite place to work. I wanted to update my previous review, because two of the "cons" in my previous review have been addressed by the company: - Health insurance options. They changed health insurance providers and added an additional option. The net result is the health insurance coverage in Washington state are top notch, good quality offering at a decent rate. It is (now) definitely in line with other major companies in the area (in particular, it's as good as Amazon was when I worked there). - Office location. We've moved to our permanent office. Not only is it a great office, but it is much more centrally located and more accessible to transportation options. Only disadvantage transportation-wise to the new location is parking is more expensive than the old office.

Cons

Company is growing quite fast and I am concerned about growing pains -- will our culture continue as we grow? I know it will change, but will it get better or worse? This is an unknown at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing...keep concerned about impact of growth on the culture, but keep growing.