New Western

www.newwestern.com
  www.newwestern.com
There are newer employer reviews for New Western

Great place to learn but no real long term career opportunity

Current Employee - Senior ACQUISITION AGENT in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior ACQUISITION AGENT in Dallas, TX

I have been working at New Western

Pros

You will learn how to sell and learn a lot about investing in real estate. There is a lot of turnover so you meet a ton of new people and you can move up quickly! The whole company gathers at the end of each quarter to listen to senior management tell everyone that greatness is on the horizon and that everyone is about to make a ton of money but those promises tend to fall short. Don’t get me wrong, there are some top performers that might make a few bucks but most of the employees are just under the impression that they are making decent money. If you stay focused on the learning aspect and pay little attention to all of the Hooplah you will be fine. Please don’t go spend your first few paychecks on a nice watch no matter how much pressure there is to do so.

Cons

I was with the company for years and was considered a senior associate/ top producer. The compensation is minimal (nowhere close to $250,000 as stated below) even for a senior associate. You can expect to make $15,000 - $25,000 while in sales and $30,000 - $70,000 in acquisitions depending on the branch and your talent level (very few have earned more). You will be responsible for all marketing and lead generation. 99% of your marketing will be putting bandit signs on the side of the road and taking phone calls. The bandit signs are illegal but the company will pay for your tickets ( most of the time). Be prepared to use a substantial amount of gasoline and put thousands of extra miles on your vehicle with no reimbursement from the company.

This website is for current and former employees to submitt an honest review of your company, so that job seekers can get an accurate picture of what they should expect. Please respect the integrity of the site by not posting anymore reviews from current senior mangement.

12 Other Employee Reviews for New Western (View Most Recent)

i love my job!

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Bedford, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Bedford, TX

I have been working at New Western

Pros

great pay for producers.
    fraternity like brotherhood between employees.
    growing company=opportunity for fast promotion.
    getting paid for learning investment knowledge that others pay a lot of money for.
    Awesome quarterly meetings!

it's not an easy job, it's challenging and demanding but very rewarding. i have worked with other real estate brokerages, residential and investment, and New West has surpassed any and all expectations i might have had. The training is there if you want it, both formal and informal. I know that i am an open book to any employee that has a question. the office atmosphere is unbeatable. i can honestly say that the guys i work with have become lifelong best friends of mine.

Cons

getting started is scary and defiantly not easy. long hours in the beginning. bringing lunch everyday and figuring out that i had to get an unlimited plan on my cell phone were some changes i made to make life a little easier at first. i think that's true with any sales job, especially real estate. there is a lot to learn really fast and it's clear that the faster you learn, the faster you can start getting paid. That's a lot of pressure for some people.

keep being innovative. i think it's one of the main reasons we have been successful thus far. keep encouraging senior employees to continue to learn all new developments in the market. as long we never loose sight of those two things, we will continue to flourish.

Lots of work with little pay, but you learn a lot

Former Employee - Acquisition Agent in Bedford, TX
    Former Employee - Acquisition Agent in Bedford, TX

I worked at New Western

Pros

Lots of transactions create a lot of learning opportunities
    Great people and fun environment
    Easy to create own work schedule

Cons

The pay is really low for what they are asking the employees to do
    The management constantly changes things