New Western

www.newwestern.com

You're going to learn a lot and earn a lot if you put in the time

Acquisitions Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAbout me: I have worked at New Western for 3 and ½ years. I’m a top producer in the company. I’m also in the top 1% of Houston Realtors (as several associates have been in this office). I achieved this in 2 ½ years. I have been with this company long enough to see it grow and mature into a very respectable and dominate leader in the residential investment industry.

-The office environment is very unique. An office generally consists of 10-20 young guys in a casual atmosphere. It is very likely to become good friends with colleagues.

-Entry level associates will sell residential investment properties to clients. The company no longer puts out “bandit signs” in order to generate client leads. Instead, an associate is expected to go to networking events, make cold calls, and will also be given MANY warm leads to generate clientele. It can be a fast paced and competitive environment. You will not have many predictable days once you get out of training.

-The training at the firm has also greatly improved. There will be sit down instruction with senior associates training you on everything from contracts, financing, organization, and of course selling. This generally lasts a few weeks once you start. The company still firmly believes in “learning on the job”. A great way to learn at this company is to ask lots of questions and I have never encountered an associate that is not willing to help or give a little of their time. I came into New Western with NO knowledge of the industry and I now believe myself to be a competent professional.

-The compensation at the company is 100% commission. I consider this a pro. I hate the idea of knowing what I’ll make every year. You’ll probably hear this from others at the company, but yes it is possible to make 100K in your first year and yes others have done it and yes this is possible at any of the New Western offices. However an associate that achieves this would be considered exceptional. A decent associate can now expect to make 50K+ in a full year. But you will earn what you put into it. It’s that simple.

Cons-100% commission can be considered a con for many people. This job is simply not a good fit if you do not want to take responsibility for how much you make.

-You will drive a lot. You can expect to put about 10-15K miles on your car per year. I personally don’t like sitting at a desk all day so I actually enjoy getting out and looking at houses. But I’m sure some prefer a 9-5 desk job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing fast

Great place to learn but no real long term career opportunity

Senior ACQUISITION AGENT (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at New Western

Pros: You will learn how to sell and learn a lot about investing in real estate. There is a lot of turnover so you meet a… Cons: I was with the company for years and was considered a senior associate/ top producer. The compensation is minimal (nowhere close to $250,000 as stated… Advice to Senior Management: This website is for current and former employees to submitt an honest review of your company, so that job seekers can get an… More

i love my job!

Sales Agent (Current Employee) Bedford, TX

I have been working at New Western

Pros: great pay for producers. fraternity like brotherhood between employees. growing company=opportunity for fast promotion. getting paid for learning investment knowledge that others pay a lot of money for. Awesome… Cons: getting started is scary and defiantly not easy. long hours in the beginning. bringing lunch everyday and figuring out that i had to get… Advice to Senior Management: keep being innovative. i think it's one of the main reasons we have been successful thus far. keep encouraging senior employees to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on New Western.

Worked for New Western? Contribute to the Community!