There are newer employer reviews for New Western

If you have money in the bank to live off for a year... try it

Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

Pros

young atmosphere, laid back, nice office

Cons

poor training... need a draw program, tired of putting up yellow signs, no reimbursements, poor ethics, overall i wouldnt invest or work there

Advice to Management

train better

Other Employee Reviews for New Western

1. My experience with New Western

Pros

I found this job because I had an interest in Real Estate. The environment is fast paced and offered me the opportunity to learn every aspect of real estate. The culture of the company is second to none. If you're talented and hard working the company will quickly promote you. The amount of work I do is proportional to how much money I make.

Cons

The job is competitive and commission based. Have some money saved for the first 3 months or so.

Advice to Management

They've always been helpful and available.

2. Fantastic Growth Opportunity and Experience in a Fast Paced Industry

Current Employee - Disposition Agent in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Disposition Agent in Orange, CA

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I first started at New Western, I was told "in your first year here, you'll get the equivalent of 5 years of experience at any other brokerage." I couldn't agree more. I came out of law school after passing the BAR exam and was looking for a job that offered something more than your typical legal desk job. Since starting in September 2014, I've been a part of 20 different real estate transactions. I've met hundreds (probably thousands) of people that I would have never met if it weren't for New Western. I've gotten myself in a position where I control how much money I make by the results that I produce. As a young man looking to move up and forward in my career, I honestly couldn't ask for anything more.

Cons

Like any commission job, the first 6 months are tough so make sure you have enough saved or you have a second job to cover the gap.

Advice to Management

Management at my office in Orange/Los Angeles has been great since I first started. Andrew Welker offered great advice from the beginning. Dek, Saad, and the other senior guys have really been able to work with me and help me every step along the way. I really don't have any "advice" for them.