There are newer employer reviews for New Western

If you have money in the bank to live off for a year... try it

Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at New Western

Pros

young atmosphere, laid back, nice office

Cons

poor training... need a draw program, tired of putting up yellow signs, no reimbursements, poor ethics, overall i wouldnt invest or work there

Advice to Management

train better

reviews filtered by
  1. Fantastic company with lots of opportunity for growth and vast income potential.

Current Employee - Acquisitions Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Acquisitions Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Real Estate can be tough to break into and New Western gives you the tools and knowledge to jump in quick and be successful. Everyday there is an opportunity to find a new client, sell a house, buy a house, or make a loan. Hours are very flexible as you make your own schedule, but the more you put in, the more you get out. Lots of avenues for growth in the company as new offices are opening every year.

Cons

Lot's of turnover as it is a 100% commission job and those with poor work ethic come and go. No health benefits but the income potential can trump that.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire candidates with past work experience that would like to break free from the 9 to 5 work schedule and work hard to become successful in real estate.

2. Great Company for individuals that are self motivated, hungry, and want to be rewarded for their time.

Current Employee - Acquisitions Agent in Friendswood, TX
    Current Employee - Acquisitions Agent in Friendswood, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the perfect company for those looking to learn the industry, move up fast and be rewarded for the time they put in. New Western is built on the foundation of you get out what you put in. Individuals that can come in and apply themselves to the business model will be rewarded. Those that come in looking for things to "just happen" will more than likely be watching from the sidelines. At the end of the day a lot of your success is based off how much you want and how willing you are to make that next step.

This mentality has created a very competitive and fun atmosphere within the offices. I can honestly say that this is the only job that I have had that I actually look forward to going to everyday. The work environment that is created in each office pushes the associates to be their absolute best day in and day out. Your coworkers are your biggest competition, but at the same time they are the same people that you meet up with after work, play golf with on the weekends and call when you need something.

For those that come in and apply themselves the sky is the limit. It’s very simple - If you want it, go out and get it. I have been with the company for just under three years. I started in sales like everyone else, To date I have been promoted 5 times. A dedicated Sales agent can easily come in and make six figures by their second year.

Cons

Start up is demanding. You will put in a lot of work to build your business. If done right you will be rewarded for the hard work over the long run.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward and lets continue to grow.