New York City Department of Education

There are newer employer reviews for New York City Department of Education

Loved it!

Former Employee - Instructional Coach  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Instructional Coach in New York, NY

I worked at New York City Department of Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are doing really innovative work with Common Core

Cons

Sometimes being on the frontline of a new policy initiative has it's difficulties.

288 Other Employee Reviews for New York City Department of Education (View Most Recent)

Depends on the school you get

Current Employee - Teacher  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at New York City Department of Education full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Make a difference in a kids life; very good health benefits; decent pension; very good opportunities to invest in a very good tax differed annuity

Cons

Parents, administrators, politicians, pay, indifferent students, gang culture,

Let teachers do their own thing and support them to become better teachers rather than try to "catch them" doing something bad

A very eye opening experience!!

I worked at New York City Department of Education

Pros

Working with the forgotten who at the time were incarcerated. The fact that you are able to impact young minds. Helping me to grow. My ability to work in different environments. The hours are great. Summers off.

Cons

Working with an administration that did not have any real idea of what was really going on with the population we were charged with educating. Being treated poorly by the Correction Department where our school was located. Working in bad conditions such as the air quality. Having no security for our personal belongings which were stored in lockers on Correction Department grounds.

Ask the staff what their concerns are. Staff should be included in the formation of curriculum development.

There are newer employer reviews for New York City Department of Education

Worked for New York City Department of Education? Contribute to the Community!