New York City Department of Finance
www.nyc.gov New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Depends on what you want

City Tax Auditor (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at New York City Department of Finance full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work life balance and PTO. Pension plus benefits also great. If you choose family and family benefits over your own personal goals and salary, I would recommend this job.

ConsPay is on low end but they expect quality work still. Lots of micromanaging and also lots of abuse of the system from other co-workers. Lot of people have been jaded through out the years of bad pay and bad management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher pay to keep employees happy and to make the work worth doing

No wonder the City Loses Money

City Tax Auditor (Current Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

Pros: Steady pay, predictable pay retirement benefits, hours (9-5FLEX), health benefits.… Cons: Where to start? The place is filled with people whose idea of work is talking for the entire day, non- stop, on the phone, at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Interesting work of which you may be proud.

Statistician (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at New York City Department of Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Working for DOF you have the opportunity to engage senior officials in… Cons: Limited potential for growth within the organization without first exiting.… Advice to Senior Management: As you do not have the ability to offer your employees much in the way of internal growth opportunities,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on New York City Department of Finance.

Worked for New York City Department of Finance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York City Department of Finance reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by New York City Department of Finance employees.