New York Hospital Queens

www.nyhq.org
  www.nyhq.org
There are newer employer reviews for New York Hospital Queens

Wonderful Hospital, nice environment to work in

I worked at New York Hospital Queens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Hospital, amazing colleagues, wonderful location

Cons

Parking can be a pain

19 Other Employee Reviews for New York Hospital Queens (View Most Recent)

Management cannot be trusted, employee morale hitting an all time low due to recent layoffs.

I have been working at New York Hospital Queens full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very good benefits and compensation package. Fully electronic health records. Competent and knowledgeable professional medical, nursing and other healthcare provider staff. Support staff helpful.

Cons

Management recently conducted a round of layoffs, including laying off the ambulance staff and outsourcing them to another company. This is negatively impacting employee morale. We passed our JCHAO survey with flying colors and this is how management "thanks" us? CEO Stephen S. Mills said earlier this year he did not anticipate layoffs yet a few months later, members of administration down to rank and file are no longer on payroll. Whoever in administration who decided to expand the west wing without adequate funding needs to be fired. Nurses are fed up with the slow progress of contract negotiations. Frequent shortage of necessary medical supplies and drugs.

Be open and honest about the current state of the hospital. When times are tough, it is time for everyone (CEO, COO, all the VP's and Directors) to share the sacrifices. This means eliminating bonuses. Stop the outsourcing. Boost morale and assure employees they will have a job tomorrow. I hope to work until I retire but if you keep laying off people, it just causes unnecessary stress, insomnia and tension. I would hate to be a patient with employees worrying about job security taking care of me. This used to be a great place to work. If we did a good job, we would be rewarded. Now, it seems that good or bad, we could all be laid off tomorrow. Not a good way to run a hospital. After the ambulance, who is next on the chopping block?

Terrific

Current Employee - Volunteer in Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - Volunteer in Flushing, NY

I have been working at New York Hospital Queens as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Nice atmosphere. You learn a lot. You're allowed to shadow depending on the program. It's a experience you never forget.

Cons

Hard to find out open jobs. For volunteering, you have to apply several months ahead of time.

Maybe supply information how long a in-person interview, along with orientation, and training would usually take (time-wise) on the website.

There are newer employer reviews for New York Hospital Queens