New York Hospital Queens

www.nyhq.org

Always striving for excellence

Staff (Current Employee) Flushing, NY

ProsHospital is always trying to be the best in the business. Very competitive. Provides excellent care to patients. Passes inspections with flying colors. Very good medical/surgical staff although has lost numerous brilliant surgeons to other institutions in exchange for diversity. Excellent customer service and pastoral care. Excellent security dept. Excellent Radiology dept. I would definitely recommend medical and surgical staff and admission to hospital except for Emergency Dept.

ConsRedundant management
Too top heavy with clueless inefficient supervisors
Certain clinical director and her posse of managers bully, threaten and intimidate staff
Inability to convince HR of pervasive bullying by management.
Nursing is heart and soul of hospital yet management doesn't want to give the nurses who are ready to retire ANY medical benefits until Medicare becomes available, leaving many bedside nurses without health insurance. An atrocity.
Parking is beyond difficult. Abundant free parking for MD's, administrators and management.
Very little local parking for staff. Have to take shuttle bus form Van Wyck. Inconvenient and unreliable.
Emergency Department is overcrowded, understaffed and filthy.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo use. Employee surveys convey dissatisfaction among staff yet no changes are made to make a more cohesive relationship.
Save money by cutting the amount of clinical directors, supervisors, asst. nurse managers.
Allow staff to critique management and then take it seriously.

Little Hospital, Big Name

Clerk (Current Employee) Flushing, NY

I have been working at New York Hospital Queens full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Compensation is the only reason to stay at this hospital. Cons: Management is critical, outsourcing and cuts are being made left and right.… Advice to Senior Management: Take the suggestions of your staff and stop trying to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wonderful Hospital, nice environment to work in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at New York Hospital Queens full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great Hospital, amazing colleagues, wonderful location Cons: Parking can be a pain More
There are newer reviews on New York Hospital Queens.

Worked for New York Hospital Queens? Contribute to the Community!