There are newer employer reviews for New York Internet

great if you're straight out school

Former Employee - "Admin" in New York, NY
Former Employee - "Admin" in New York, NY

I worked at New York Internet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing worth mentioning really. They mostly hire immigrants who cannot find another job.If this is your first job in IT you can pick up on some of the basic knowledge but you should leave after your first year.

Cons

Pay is very low. You should expect to earn $14-16/hr. No overtime. Management and Human Resources doesn't care about their staff. You will be dealing with hardware replacement for the most part, very little exposure to system administration. Your manager will be absent 4 days out the week, and when he's there you won't hear much from him. Don't expect a decent raise. Bonuses are not worth waiting for either. HR does their best each year to pick the worst (cheapest) benefit plan. For the most part you'll be doing work similar to a janitor. You can expect to throw out trash, wipe coffee off of the floor, exterminate stink bugs, wash floors, etc. Also, during summer, their cooling system doesn't work, so they rotate people to spray water out of a hose onto their A/Cs till the temperatures cool down. Like I said, there's very little room to learn anything to do with your field. I will invite more ex coworkers to give a review as well. Thank you glassdoor for letting us share!

Advice to Management

None. That's how they run the company and that's how they remain profitable.

New York Internet Response

Jul 26, 2013 – HR

Dear Anonymous, Thank you for reviewing our company - we appreciate your feedback. We must however bring clarity to your account as well as correct several comments that are not factual. First ... More

Other Employee Reviews for New York Internet

1. Great place to start you IT career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at New York Internet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great place to learn and grow your IT skills and learn to think on your feet.

Cons

Pay but I will add it a entry level position so it what you should expect. I had few issue but that personality issue not a company issue

Advice to Management

Really none, this a place when no one babying you, so really great about that.

2. Current Worker

Current Employee - Data Center Technician in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Data Center Technician in New York, NY

I have been working at New York Internet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Laid back environment - Able to gain more knowledge in almost anything tech related - Knowledgeable co-workers willing to help Working here has been pretty good thus far, and everyone is willing to help you. It's a great place to work, especially if you're interested in opensource and in house solutions. If you're looking to broaden your skills in this field, definitely consider working here. Everyone is quite friendly, management is helpful.

Cons

Things can get hectic sometimes, but it's a Data Center company, expect the unexpected.