New York Life

www.newyorklife.com

Personally fulfilling, financially lucrative.

Agent (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI am building my own business with complete control of my career while helping people provide financial security for their familes. New York Life has the best products in the industry, has the highest financial ratings, and offers many paths for agents including moving towards advanced financial services or moving into management. Training program is unmatched in this or any other industry. I have had a lot of success, and 3 years into it have never made a cold call.

ConsYou get paid very well, but only for the work you do. As with any business, you must sell yourself and your products to be successful. This can be very challenging for those used to getting a steady paycheck, or for those not willing to get out and interact with people.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind agents who are coachable, who have the heart to serve and educate their clients, and who will earn their success not those who feel entitled to it.

I could not ask for a better job.

Agent (Current Employee) Jackson, MS

I have been working at New York Life

Pros: The best thing about New York Life, for me, is there has never been a shortage of help. I have been with the company… Cons: I think the only down side to this business, not only New York Life, is the rejection from prospects on a daily basis. … Advice to Senior Management: Some fees such as $75.00 a month for FTIS help should be charged on a case by case basis. I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Solid company on which to base a career

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at New York Life

Pros: Congenial and professional atmosphere with a strong focus on driving sales in… Cons: Can be frustrating for innovation minded people. Once a certain level… Advice to Senior Management: Embrace innovation, and identify and promote those individual that have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on New York Life.

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!