There are newer employer reviews for New York Life

Personally fulfilling, financially lucrative.

Current Employee - Agent  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Agent in Austin, TX

I have been working at New York Life

Pros

I am building my own business with complete control of my career while helping people provide financial security for their familes. New York Life has the best products in the industry, has the highest financial ratings, and offers many paths for agents including moving towards advanced financial services or moving into management. Training program is unmatched in this or any other industry. I have had a lot of success, and 3 years into it have never made a cold call.

Cons

You get paid very well, but only for the work you do. As with any business, you must sell yourself and your products to be successful. This can be very challenging for those used to getting a steady paycheck, or for those not willing to get out and interact with people.

Find agents who are coachable, who have the heart to serve and educate their clients, and who will earn their success not those who feel entitled to it.

721 Other Employee Reviews for New York Life (View Most Recent)

I could not ask for a better job.

Current Employee - Agent  in  Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Agent in Jackson, MS

I have been working at New York Life

Pros

The best thing about New York Life, for me, is there has never been a shortage of help. I have been with the company for a year now and still have plenty of help from the management staff any time I need it. 100% commission is also a great feature because I do not see myself as being average so therefore I did not want an average paying salary. If you was someone to hand you leads and referrals you need to go to another company that will pay you a $20,000 base and less commission.

Cons

I think the only down side to this business, not only New York Life, is the rejection from prospects on a daily basis. This job is not for someone who gets their feelings hurt easily and you must be able to take rejection and learn from it.

Some fees such as $75.00 a month for FTIS help should be charged on a case by case basis. I do not think that I should have to pay the fee if I never call the help desk and ask for help.

Solid company on which to base a career

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at New York Life

Pros

Congenial and professional atmosphere with a strong focus on driving sales in an ethical way. Doing well by doing good is a core mantra.

Cons

Can be frustrating for innovation minded people. Once a certain level in the organization is attained promotion becomes tough. Total compensation is average.

Embrace innovation, and identify and promote those individual that have the vision and leadership to drive the company in new directions.

There are newer employer reviews for New York Life

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!