New York Life
www.newyorklife.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Good benefits and opportunity depending on the office location

Sales Development Manager (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsExcellent training for this position and agents. I think the newer management at the top is headed in the right direction. They let you know that you are valuable if you are doing a good job. The meetings at a regional level have a very positive vibe to them.

ConsLocal level mgmt can be a challenge. There needs to be a more consistent message instead of a new plan every 4 weeks. More big picture planning would help. Some offices are highly successful at this while some seem to repeat the same missteps.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the partners and development managers working together and success will happen. Too often they are at odds. A good salesperson is not automatically a good manager.

Strong company and great place for the right individual

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

I worked at New York Life as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Great management. Good sales training. Good systems in place. High income potential.… Cons: The market is flooded with agents If you do not already have a strong network, it will take you a while to get started You will go… Advice to Senior Management: Hire fewer agents and spend more time developing business plans… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

%110 Professional & friendly.

Producer (Current Employee)
    Ridgeland, MS

I have been working at New York Life as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Best supportive environment. Complete support. Classes. Motivational Speakers. Cons: Be willing to step outside of your box! Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on New York Life.

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York Life reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for New York Life CEO Ted Mathas. All reviews posted anonymously by New York Life employees.