New York Life
www.newyorklife.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Good company to work for

Agent (Former Employee)
Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at New York Life full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood culture and team atmosphere, even for a bunch of self employed people. They do a good job of training agents, although some people are just not cut out for the work.

ConsThe company is a bit slow to adapt to changes. Much of the financial industry is doing things online and the company is somewhat behind the curve, although they are making strides.

Don't be fooled!!

Agent (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at New York Life full-time for less than a year

Pros: New York Life has a great training program. It is a solid company finacially, people recognize the… Cons: After six months, the company charges for the cube, phone, computer center, technology, mail box, costs are about $350.00 per month. If you have some… Advice to Senior Management: Be more selective with who is hired, pay them a declining salary… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good working environment that stresses employee well being

Compliance Associate (Current Employee)
Sleepy Hollow, NY

I have been working at New York Life full-time for more than a year

Pros: Strong emphasis on employee well being and benefits. Relaxed work… Cons: Difficulty to advance due to newly formed employee hierarchy Advice to Senior Management: Don't announce that layoffs are coming and then drag the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on New York Life.

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York Life reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for New York Life CEO Ted Mathas. All reviews posted anonymously by New York Life employees.