New York Life
www.newyorklife.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Challenging with High Turnover

Insurance Agent (Current Employee)
Greenville, SC

I have been working at New York Life full-time for more than a year

ProsNew York Life is bar none one of the best and strongest insurance companies out there. I never think twice about putting someone with NYL. They have a great suite of products and excellent training if you take advantage of it. NYL is a mutual company and I put my own insurance business with them. They have good health benefits.

ConsThey charge you for everything from coffee in the office to rent for cubicles and phone and even copies. You are never vested in renewals with business you write with them so therefore if you work there 10 years and have 1000 clients and you leave you won't get any renewals from that business.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't nickle and dime agents for everything!

Really enjoy the managing partners and agents

I have been working at New York Life part-time

Pros: The training program is very intense and really helps to… Cons: Of course the down side is 100% commission based but if you do the work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Financial Services professional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at New York Life

Pros: Excellent sales training. Passionate co-workers. Cons: Need thick skin and work ethic. More

There are newer reviews on New York Life.

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York Life reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for New York Life CEO Ted Mathas. All reviews posted anonymously by New York Life employees.