Just Started

I have been working at New York Life

Pros

I am in training right now, and from what I've seen, the managing partners really do care about their reps. -The teaching is great -Learn about financial products -Really sets you up for a future in the financial industry, whether you are with NYL or not.

Cons

-Commission Based -Pay for licensing book, but this should be expected, you have to spend money to make money!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Professional Office Experience

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at New York Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A large company with small business environment. Professional staff.

Cons

Working for individual agent offers limited advancement

Great Company, Clingy Management.

Current Employee - Agent in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Agent in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at New York Life full-time

Pros

Giant income opportunity Pretty flexible schedule Veteran agents eager to help Great benefits Virtually unlimited resources You get out (usually) what you put in

Cons

Management: They are very clingy. By that I mean they want to hear from you daily regarding what you did relative to the standards they set for you. In other words, you don't actually run your business. They have a business model for you and if you fall short of their weekly standards, be prepared to be openly ridiculed in the Monday meeting. This also interferes with your work/life balance because the first thing they will ask is "why didn't you just work more?". Aside from that, there are all kinds of training requirements and homework and different gimmicks they want you to test out regardless of how uncomfortable you may feel doing it. This tends to make me not want to work at all because I'm so ready to leave the office after being hog tied and dragged through the mud every meeting, and there are a TON of meetings. Most of which are a waste of time.

Advice to Management

Leave us alone. The only reason I have ever considered leaving is because of you. You create a negative atmosphere and make people feel stupid and worthless, which doesn't exactly compel people to work. Learn to be a resource, not a dictator and let me run MY business the way I want to. Quit acting like you cut us a salary check every week. I know that you are good people and wish to help and have to cover your own backsides, but there is way too much pressure and I hear from you far too often for the wrong reasons. Let us work and be happy with whatever we can produce. Stop being the reason good quality agents leave the company.