New York Life
www.newyorklife.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

New York Life - Great company

Agent (Current Employee)
Bridgewater, MA

ProsIncredible income. Great recognition. Support from management. Representing the best in the industry. Attorneys and CPAs respect the company. Getting involved with helping in my community. Company treats you like royalty while on company trips. Family oriented environment.

Cons50 hour work weeks. A lot to learn. Tough to keep everything straight (forms, scheduling, applications). Many meetings. Some negative people try to drag you down.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend money promoting New York Life locally.

Just Started

I have been working at New York Life

Pros: I am in training right now, and from what I've seen, the managing partners really do care about their reps. -The teaching… Cons: -Commission Based -Pay for licensing book, but this should be expected,… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what your doing! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company, Clingy Management.

Agent (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at New York Life full-time

Pros: Giant income opportunity Pretty flexible schedule Veteran agents eager to help Great benefits Virtually… Cons: Management: They are very clingy. By that I mean they want to hear from you daily regarding what you did relative to the standards they set… Advice to Senior Management: Leave us alone. The only reason I have ever considered leaving is because of you. You create a negative atmosphere and make people feel stupid… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on New York Life.

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York Life reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for New York Life CEO Ted Mathas. All reviews posted anonymously by New York Life employees.