New York Life

www.newyorklife.com

New York Life - Great company

Current Employee - Agent  in  Bridgewater, MA
Current Employee - Agent in Bridgewater, MA

Pros

Incredible income. Great recognition. Support from management. Representing the best in the industry. Attorneys and CPAs respect the company. Getting involved with helping in my community. Company treats you like royalty while on company trips. Family oriented environment.

Cons

50 hour work weeks. A lot to learn. Tough to keep everything straight (forms, scheduling, applications). Many meetings. Some negative people try to drag you down.

Spend money promoting New York Life locally.

Other reviews for New York Life

Agent

Current Employee - Agent  in  Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Agent in Waltham, MA

Pros

There are enough partners or other colleagues around to help you with anything you need. The money can be great only if you find clients, but it's amazing how NYL pays you. I've been here almost a year and I just started feeling comfortable working by myself because I work with only the minority market. I need to definitely practice speaking my language, but I love how my market is untapped!

Cons

This job can bring greed in some agents! It's best to work on your own because sooner or later the agent you've trusted will likely take your clients without your acknowledgement!

Personally, my manager is a tough person. He/she puts me down when I collect a small check from the client and he/she praises those who gets the bigger check. By now, I avoid going to him if I need a question to be answered because to him, every question I ask is stupid, yet, he never gives me an answer to my question. Ethically, i think my partner is wrong by telling me to work with certain groups of people and he/she always tell me not to do certain servicing for the clients if I think I won't get any business from them! Luckily, there are enough partners I can go to and sometimes I wish I can just switch partners!

Just Started

Pros

I am in training right now, and from what I've seen, the managing partners really do care about their reps.

-The teaching is great
    -Learn about financial products
    -Really sets you up for a future in the financial industry, whether you are with NYL or not.

Cons

-Commission Based
    -Pay for licensing book, but this should be expected, you have to spend money to make money!

Keep doing what your doing!

There are newer employer reviews for New York Life.

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!