There are newer employer reviews for New York Life

Agent

Current Employee - Agent in Waltham, MA
Current Employee - Agent in Waltham, MA

I have been working at New York Life full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are enough partners or other colleagues around to help you with anything you need. The money can be great only if you find clients, but it's amazing how NYL pays you. I've been here almost a year and I just started feeling comfortable working by myself because I work with only the minority market. I need to definitely practice speaking my language, but I love how my market is untapped!

Cons

This job can bring greed in some agents! It's best to work on your own because sooner or later the agent you've trusted will likely take your clients without your acknowledgement!

Personally, my manager is a tough person. He/she puts me down when I collect a small check from the client and he/she praises those who gets the bigger check. By now, I avoid going to him if I need a question to be answered because to him, every question I ask is stupid, yet, he never gives me an answer to my question. Ethically, i think my partner is wrong by telling me to work with certain groups of people and he/she always tell me not to do certain servicing for the clients if I think I won't get any business from them! Luckily, there are enough partners I can go to and sometimes I wish I can just switch partners!

755 Other Employee Reviews for New York Life (View Most Recent)

New York Life - Great company

Current Employee - Agent in Bridgewater, MA
    Current Employee - Agent in Bridgewater, MA

I have been working at New York Life full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Incredible income. Great recognition. Support from management. Representing the best in the industry. Attorneys and CPAs respect the company. Getting involved with helping in my community. Company treats you like royalty while on company trips. Family oriented environment.

Cons

50 hour work weeks. A lot to learn. Tough to keep everything straight (forms, scheduling, applications). Many meetings. Some negative people try to drag you down.

Spend money promoting New York Life locally.

Managers here are crooks and liars

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in San Jose, CA

I worked at New York Life full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good financial strength, Intensive training system

Cons

Managers lied and cheat and did illegal things and asked new agents to sign on papers.

The Compliance department need to investigate Winchester Office in term of rebate and fighting between partners. Also, the culture here is just like a cold war. Partners wont help agent of other team when agents need them. They paint a beautiful picture when they hired you. my partner favour her employees and did "assign" new recruits as referrals from those agents so those agents can make council for 2013 but those agents did not really recruit or refer those new recruits. It is all fake and number, If you dont make the number, you are out of the games. It is not an ethical place to be in. If you value integrity and honesty, Avoid this branch at all cost. 550 S winchester bld san jose CA. My manager made the other agent to loan me her policy so I can become full time in 10 days. and then the other girl asked me to return more than what I borrowed. The company should investigate this branch seriously.

There are newer employer reviews for New York Life