New York Life

Agent

Agent (Current Employee)
Waltham, MA

I have been working at New York Life full-time for less than a year

ProsThere are enough partners or other colleagues around to help you with anything you need. The money can be great only if you find clients, but it's amazing how NYL pays you. I've been here almost a year and I just started feeling comfortable working by myself because I work with only the minority market. I need to definitely practice speaking my language, but I love how my market is untapped!

ConsThis job can bring greed in some agents! It's best to work on your own because sooner or later the agent you've trusted will likely take your clients without your acknowledgement!

Advice to Senior ManagementPersonally, my manager is a tough person. He/she puts me down when I collect a small check from the client and he/she praises those who gets the bigger check. By now, I avoid going to him if I need a question to be answered because to him, every question I ask is stupid, yet, he never gives me an answer to my question. Ethically, i think my partner is wrong by telling me to work with certain groups of people and he/she always tell me not to do certain servicing for the clients if I think I won't get any business from them! Luckily, there are enough partners I can go to and sometimes I wish I can just switch partners!

Just Started

I have been working at New York Life

Pros: I am in training right now, and from what I've seen, the managing partners really do care about their reps. -The teaching… Cons: -Commission Based -Pay for licensing book, but this should be expected,… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what your doing! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company, Clingy Management.

Agent (Current Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at New York Life full-time

Pros: Giant income opportunity Pretty flexible schedule Veteran agents eager to help Great benefits Virtually… Cons: Management: They are very clingy. By that I mean they want to hear from you daily regarding what you did relative to the standards they set… Advice to Senior Management: Leave us alone. The only reason I have ever considered leaving is because of you. You create a negative atmosphere and make people feel stupid… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on New York Life.

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York Life reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for New York Life CEO Ted Mathas. All reviews posted anonymously by New York Life employees.