New York Life

www.newyorklife.com

Excellent training, not much support

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI received really excellent training from the staff at my office -- sales, service, financial, all the basics of the job. They also sponsored my Series 6, 63, and 7 licenses with no questions asked.

ConsCommission-only, so if sales is not you thing then look elsewhere. The only real problem I had was that I always felt like I was on my own -- for all the talk about how I have a team supporting me and backing me up, I was never able to make that help materialize when it was actually needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time with new employees to guide them on a path to success. You're putting a lot of money into training them, why do you cut them loose to sink or swim without help?

Brown nosing is the only way to survive

Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at New York Life full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good money, which of course you have to negotiate for. Cons: Mediocre benefits. Very little merit-based promotions. All upward opportunities are based on who… Advice to Senior Management: Open your eyes! Get rid of the deadweight. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worked in the AARP Division in Tampa, FL - I'm sorry I every left.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

I worked at New York Life full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great pay - NY Salary - FL lifestyle. Great co-workers. Easy access to management. VP would often come in my cube to say hi and… Cons: Excessive workload. Overtime pay was nice, but I got burned… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on New York Life.

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!