New York Medical College

Satisfactory experience at NYMC

Former Employee - Research Associate in Valhalla, NY
Former Employee - Research Associate in Valhalla, NY

I worked at New York Medical College

Pros

The working environment is very good and there is a lot of room for growth within your job profile. All the superiors are open to suggestions and new ideas.

Cons

Part time jobs should be given some perks such as meal coupons, etc.

NA

11 Other Employee Reviews for New York Medical College (View Most Recent)

Nice, trusting people. Not the greatest campus

Former Employee - Lab Technician
    Former Employee - Lab Technician

I worked at New York Medical College

Pros

Good opportunities for those looking to get experience. I did bench research, and the PI of my lab was very nice and understanding. He was a very good teacher, which may speak to the quality of education here. Everyone one I came in contact with was lovely to work with, as well. Good parking. Easy administration to work with.

Cons

The campus isn't great and it feels a little empty. Not sure how great the facilities are in comparison to other science research institutions.

Better advertising for the school. Maybe look into more college summer internships. I think the website could use some updating as well.

postdoc profession does not pay back

Current Employee - Post Doctoral Research Fellow in Valhalla, NY
    Current Employee - Post Doctoral Research Fellow in Valhalla, NY

I have been working at New York Medical College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

kind of family environment, small college where everybody knows each other, and everybody tries to help each other when you need it. a lot of vacation in the labs where official college holidays are accepted (most of the Jewish holidays) though it varies from PI to PI.

Cons

no chance to grow much professionally, low salary comparing to expenses in NY area, not a stable position since postdocs are dependent on the grant support which is nowadays hard to get, not much flexibility, sometimes very stressful and demanding conditions, not appropriate to the salary range.

the college should support postdocs more and establish the rules equal to all of the employees including postdocs and push the PIs to keep this rules. Postdocs are the most essential part of the research, doing practically all the scientific work, starting from the bench, tutoring through the data analysis and writing publications and grants. Hence they should be appreciated more.

There are newer employer reviews for New York Medical College