New York Medical College

Human Resource Department Worst Nightmare

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Valhalla, NY
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Valhalla, NY

I worked at New York Medical College

Pros

For a college that is going under the overall work environment was just par. The cafe areas had decent somewhat edible food. The nicest staff was food service. The maintenance man staff keeps the building clean and there is a lot of parking.

Cons

The senior managment talked negatively about everyone, even the very nice people. There is a serious issue at this place and its going unaddressed because the college is failing and no one wants to take these positions anyways. Be careful when you turn your back at NYMC because you might get a knife. Numerous attempts were made to discuss unfair treatment with HR or those acting in the position of human resources. Nothing was done to fix the problem. This was probably the worst department to work. Not all departments were this bad from what I hear however.

Its a sad day when an employee is not comfortable taking issues to the H.R./Administrator because of favortism among other employees. Treat ALL your employees with respect the same way the maintence man was treated.

13 Other Employee Reviews for New York Medical College (View Most Recent)

Satisfactory experience at NYMC

Former Employee - Research Associate in Valhalla, NY
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Valhalla, NY

I worked at New York Medical College

Pros

The working environment is very good and there is a lot of room for growth within your job profile. All the superiors are open to suggestions and new ideas.

Cons

Part time jobs should be given some perks such as meal coupons, etc.

NA

Nice, trusting people. Not the greatest campus

Former Employee - Lab Technician
    Former Employee - Lab Technician

I worked at New York Medical College

Pros

Good opportunities for those looking to get experience. I did bench research, and the PI of my lab was very nice and understanding. He was a very good teacher, which may speak to the quality of education here. Everyone one I came in contact with was lovely to work with, as well. Good parking. Easy administration to work with.

Cons

The campus isn't great and it feels a little empty. Not sure how great the facilities are in comparison to other science research institutions.

Better advertising for the school. Maybe look into more college summer internships. I think the website could use some updating as well.

There are newer employer reviews for New York Medical College