New York Medical College
www.nymc.edu Valhalla, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Human Resource Department Worst Nightmare

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Valhalla, NY

ProsFor a college that is going under the overall work environment was just par. The cafe areas had decent somewhat edible food. The nicest staff was food service. The maintenance man staff keeps the building clean and there is a lot of parking.

ConsThe senior managment talked negatively about everyone, even the very nice people. There is a serious issue at this place and its going unaddressed because the college is failing and no one wants to take these positions anyways. Be careful when you turn your back at NYMC because you might get a knife. Numerous attempts were made to discuss unfair treatment with HR or those acting in the position of human resources. Nothing was done to fix the problem. This was probably the worst department to work. Not all departments were this bad from what I hear however.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts a sad day when an employee is not comfortable taking issues to the H.R./Administrator because of favortism among other employees. Treat ALL your employees with respect the same way the maintence man was treated.

Nice, trusting people. Not the greatest campus

Lab Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at New York Medical College

Pros: Good opportunities for those looking to get experience. I did bench research, and the PI of my lab was very nice and understanding. He was… Cons: The campus isn't great and it feels a little empty. Not sure… Advice to Senior Management: Better advertising for the school. Maybe look into more college summer… More

Small, relaxed, and tight-knit community

Research Associate (Former Employee)
    Valhalla, NY

I worked at New York Medical College part-time for more than a year

Pros: It's a small community, and I appreciated the camaraderie, and not having to worry so much about the competitiveness… Cons: Resources can be limited, and tech and equipment and such can be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on New York Medical College.

Worked for New York Medical College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York Medical College reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for New York Medical College CEO Edward C. Halperin. All reviews posted anonymously by New York Medical College employees.