There are newer employer reviews for New York Public Library

interview

I have been working at New York Public Library

Pros

its a safe place,long standing company,lots of energy

Cons

it gets realy busy,hard to get to work

69 Other Employee Reviews for New York Public Library (View Most Recent)

Hard place to build a career these days

I worked at New York Public Library full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful mission and employees. I gained amazing experience and working with the crazy, demanding and amazing patrons. I miss it every day.

Cons

Current management is not supporting employee success. They are trying to implement much needed standards, but are not giving people the support needed to meet their goals. Too little money and time, too little control of the working situation. Glad every day to be out of there.

Hold people to high standards, but give them respect.

A real chance to make a difference

I have been working at New York Public Library full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

We connect New Yorkers, from every walk of life, to everything from the latest hot novel to the proper social services office. Every day brings something new, and it's never boring. You work with some of the smartest, most creative, most dynamic people in the city, and have the chance to network with the people who run New York.

Cons

Every branch is short staffed and overworked. It sometimes feels like upper management is more concerned with their media presence and how things look, and less about the actual people on the ground who make the Library run.

We cannot handle any more pilots, programs, or big ideas with the current number of staff in the branches.

There are newer employer reviews for New York Public Library