New York Sports Club
www.nysc.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great people, nice working environment, requires a lot of proactivity to get to be well paid.

Personal Trainer (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsYou get to meet great people from diverse walks in life; coworkers tend to be uplifting and nice individuals, managers tend to be nice individuals too. Great job if you are very outgoing. Also they sponsor our training as a Personal Trainer if you want, you can get a certification from NASM with a discount price (they take course's off from your paycheck). In fact that's why a lot of people choose to start their Personal Training careers at NYSC.

ConsThe hours you have to spend doing non-client shifts around the floor as a trainer who's there to help tend to be boring and badly paid. Also if you get cold easily, don't go work at a gym because summertime you have to wear t-shirt to work and the it tends to be freezing inside the gym (super cold AC).

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice.

Not a grate place to work. They don't care about there employees

Sales (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at New York Sports Club full-time for more than a year

Pros: Revolving door you can get a job there easy Cons: $6 dollars an hour (salary) with no over time pay.… Advice to Senior Management: Develop more and stand up for your under paid teem No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Some good entry level staff bad management

Stamford, CT

I have been working at New York Sports Club

Pros: Great place to network Free gym membership Discounts on local businesses Discounted… Cons: Managers are not properly trained Not really much employee benefits. Company… Advice to Senior Management: Spend a little money on you employees to achieve more productivity. They only look for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on New York Sports Club.

Worked for New York Sports Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York Sports Club reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for New York Sports Club CEO Robert Giardina. All reviews posted anonymously by New York Sports Club employees.