New York Times
www.nytco.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

If you live at the beach life at the paper isn't so bad

Newsroom Staff (Former Employee)
Wilmington, NC

I worked at New York Times

ProsThe climate in Wilmington is wonderful as are the people in the community.The newsroom is mostly made up of transplants who thought they would stay for a couple years and move on to a bigger paper but never left.

ConsThe newspaper industry is the root of the problem here. It is nearing extinction and corporate is bleeding every penny out of the smaller papers in the chain to help the Old Gray Lady survive.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet over yourselves and realize that you will not survive the death of print media by updating the website 20 times a day with poorly written stories that the staff has not been given the time to work on.

Ehh....they need to wake up

New York, NY

I have been working at New York Times

Pros: Prestige, cafeteria, free newspapers, lovely building. Management very easy going,… Cons: Slow moving, still stuck in the past. Wish they would be… Advice to Senior Management: get with the times. Promote from within. Pay your staff comparable. I'm… More

There's no better newspaper to work at in these times.

Staff Editor (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at New York Times

Pros: Great paper. Not afraid to spend money to cover a story. Great journalists. Very creative people, for the… Cons: A few bad apples, but that's true anywhere. An increasingly heavy emphasis on the digital side, which I realize is necessary to keep the paper… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure that the young digital staff you are hiring are more skilled in editing,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on New York Times.

Worked for New York Times? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York Times reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for New York Times CEO Mark Thompson. All reviews posted anonymously by New York Times employees.