New York Times

www.nytimes.com

My work at The New York Times has been challenging and rewarding, but the company has been disappointing.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe New York Times is forward-thinking, innovative, not afraid to take calculated risks. The opportunity to work with high-caliber professionals. The company's dedication to high-quality journalism and the opportunity to be a part of an industry-wide transformation.

ConsThe lack of upward mobility. The matrixed org structure and committee-driven decision making that impedes speed-to-market. The lack of vision/strategic direction in the most senior levels leaves important decisions vulnerable to politics at lower levels. The lack of a focus on enhancing company culture and morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink the org structure in order to reduce overlap and improve clarity on roles and responsibilities. Recruit senior executives who are visionaries so less debate about strategy happens "on the ground."

I learned about Project Management and Software Development

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at New York Times as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great Coworkers Extensive Digital Department Innovative and Collaborative Environment Cons: No complaints that I can think of. Only worked there… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worst job at a cool place to work

Advertising Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at New York Times full-time for less than a year

Pros: Awesome co-workers, great hours, good starting salary Cons: Managers don't develop you professionally... high pressure atmosphere with little… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on New York Times.

Worked for New York Times? Contribute to the Community!