New York Times

www.nytimes.com
  www.nytimes.com
There are newer employer reviews for New York Times

decent but highly variable experience depending on your team/manager

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at New York Times full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You're furthering a mission that's actually worth something positive for the world. The technology can be very forward leaning, depending on the group you're working with. Nice office space and generally smart co-workers.

Cons

The kind of work you'll get to do can be highly variable in terms of how interesting it is based on what team you're working with. Of the major IT groups, NYTD probably gets the most interesting work on a day to day basis. Be forewarned that some of the middle management are absolutely terrible and can be very demoralizing to work for if you're unlucky enough to land on their team, and the higher management is not clueful enough to notice (or, worse, doesn't care) that some teams have double-digit annual turnover while others in the same group have zero.

Pay close attention to attrition of technical staff under different managers. If you've any hope of one day transcending ink-on-paper, NYTD will likely form the core of whatever method that is.

153 Other Employee Reviews for New York Times (View Most Recent)

Siebel Admin

Former Employee - Siebel Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Siebel Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at New York Times full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We great company to work for , Management is very great in giving directions for team. Diversified team , onshore/offshore model .

Cons

Since its onshore/offshore model , you need to work late hours also

THE BEST COMPANY I ever worked in !!!

Former Employee - Internal Audit Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Internal Audit Intern in New York, NY

I worked at New York Times as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked at the New York Times Company as a summer trainee in '11 and I must confess this was by far the best company I ever worked in. I was summer trainee in Internal Audit, everything was really great. HR was almost perfect really present, training was done the best way I've seen and can figure out... It was in New York Offices and we had Freedom to work as much and move or learn. We met most of the teams... Anything you can imagine, was great in a word.

Cons

No idea. Honestly. Probably the financial situation of the newspaper? This was shortly before Jane's dissmissal.

Find a way to get money ; useless advice as they probably starve to reach this aim right now.

There are newer employer reviews for New York Times