New York Times

www.nytimes.com

The TImes is an exciting, gratifying place to work

Design Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsEveryone in the newsroom was integral to the final product, and it was gratifying for me to know that i played a part every day in something that was truly important to the world.

ConsThe way information travels in the world is changing rapidly -- the times was too slow to adapt and not influential enough to alter the effects of changing times. It's a shame but I feel like I was part of a dying industry that had used up its life lines.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does a fine job with a diverse group of idiosyncratic, independent people who operate under a great deal of pressure and stress. Not complaints.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at New York Times

Pros: Large company with large company benefits Cons: Poor management, dying industry, needs to turn it around Advice to Senior Management: Get with the times, do better on the digital side Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Management was very power-hungry

Digital Advertising Coordinator (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at New York Times

Pros: I was part of a strong creative group. Cons: Very weak management, position was part of a union Advice to Senior Management: Digital Advertising leadership is quite weak and hierarchical No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on New York Times.

Worked for New York Times? Contribute to the Community!