New York & Company

There are newer employer reviews for New York & Company

Run away ...

Current Employee - Associate Designer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Associate Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at New York & Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

High pay, summer fridays, casual enviorment

Cons

no process, never on calendar, extremely unorganized upper level management, unrealistic expectation of design staff, high turnover

Learn to say and be more confident in the product that your team designs. Have better design process. Needs more merchant and designer alignment.

293 Other Employee Reviews for New York & Company (View Most Recent)

please, choose someplace else to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at New York & Company part-time (less than an year)

Pros

weekly pay checks were nice, all the other sales associates are all really awesome (lots of bonding over how awful the place is), the employee discount is also really nice. For example, at the semi-annual pants sale employees were offered one pair of pants for $15.

Cons

Management chooses who is and isn't worth their time, mostly by how many credit (ahem, "rewards") cards associates sell. One of our highest card selling associates sells the card as if it's candy- whatever it takes to manipulate someone into it. Customers have no idea how badly they are ruining their credit score, and all for 15% off their purchase.
    Additionally, racial profiling happens ALL the time at my store. My manager does it in a way where I can't report it, but it has happened enough times that it presumably isn't a coincidence. Another unfortunate aspect of management is their use of racial "jokes." I find myself simply uncomfortable at times.

to corporate: honestly, new york and co has been strugglin' in the stock market- even me, a little sales associate can see that. Is selling credit cards at a 5% rate really going to help the store? If it hasn't already, it probably won't in the future.
    to management: simply, treat all customers with respect. don't talk about the body odor or cultural beliefs negatively. where's your mn nice?

rollercoaster

Current Employee - Management Support Associate in Springfield, PA
    Current Employee - Management Support Associate in Springfield, PA

I have been working at New York & Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-store leader generally works well with your schedule
    -metropaks are fun

Cons

-too many promo changes
    -unrealistic expectations with payroll hours given
    -no raises
    -no customer service focused as they claim to be
    -too much tasking, not enough associates
    -upper management and corporate do not care about in store employees, just their pay check at the end of the year

don't have so many promo changes, it confuses the customer and stresses out the staff, don't make coupons the customers can't use on full price merchandise, have a better black friday sale 50% off isn't helping, give positive to feedback to all stores not just stores you favorite, update stores that aren't in the best condition

There are newer employer reviews for New York & Company