Its very Hectic!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sterling Heights, MI
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at New York & Company part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have really nice merchandise, and the registers are easy to use.

Cons

There is a lot of work that needs to be done with not enough hours to get it done in.
Also the employee discounts could be a lot better, the company should invest in their employees more.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Run away ...

Current Employee - Associate Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at New York & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High pay, summer fridays, casual enviorment

Cons

no process, never on calendar, extremely unorganized upper level management, unrealistic expectation of design staff, high turnover

Advice to Management

Learn to say and be more confident in the product that your team designs. Have better design process. Needs more merchant and designer alignment.

please, choose someplace else to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at New York & Company part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

weekly pay checks were nice, all the other sales associates are all really awesome (lots of bonding over how awful the place is), the employee discount is also really nice. For example, at the semi-annual pants sale employees were offered one pair of pants for $15.

Cons

Management chooses who is and isn't worth their time, mostly by how many credit (ahem, "rewards") cards associates sell. One of our highest card selling associates sells the card as if it's candy- whatever it takes to manipulate someone into it. Customers have no idea how badly they are ruining their credit score, and all for 15% off their purchase.
    Additionally, racial profiling happens ALL the time at my store. My manager does it in a way where I can't report it, but it has happened enough times that it presumably isn't a coincidence. Another unfortunate aspect of management is their use of racial "jokes." I find myself simply uncomfortable at times.

Advice to Management

to corporate: honestly, new york and co has been strugglin' in the stock market- even me, a little sales associate can see that. Is selling credit cards at a 5% rate really going to help the store? If it hasn't already, it probably won't in the future.
    to management: simply, treat all customers with respect. don't talk about the body odor or cultural beliefs negatively. where's your mn nice?