New York & Company

www.nyandcompany.com

Depressing environment

Corporate Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros-Great sample sales
-Great employee events

Cons-Very high turnover rate, I have never been in a corporate environment where people just walk out. I have seen management come and go within two months. There is no sense of employee value and very few see this as a long term career choice.
-High pressure, high stress. Upper management feels like the same amount of work should be done with less people. They are very slow to hire after employees leave.
-Salary is low compared to other companys with the same positions. Excuse is company is trying to save money. I'm sure there is money available from all the people leaving.

Fun Environment, A little Catty

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at New York & Company part-time for more than a year

Pros: *Great Discount (20%) *Raises regularly *Praised for hard work *Flexibility in hours *Easy to make friends… Cons: *Random Drama within workplace *Wrong manager will RUIN your experience *Pushing to sell the credit card (They will cut or remove your hours completely if you don't… Advice to Senior Management: Relax on the credit sales in this economy. Cutting hours based on credit is ridiculous,don't punish employees who are fantastic at customer service but not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Its very Hectic!!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at New York & Company part-time for less than a year

Pros: They have really nice merchandise, and the registers are easy… Cons: There is a lot of work that needs to be done with not enough hours to get it… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on New York & Company.

Worked for New York & Company? Contribute to the Community!