New York & Company

www.nyandcompany.com
There are newer employer reviews for New York & Company

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Albany, GA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Albany, GA

I worked at New York & Company part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent staff to work with and fun working environment. Working along with customers is one of my strong points so I had the opportunity to showcase this and enjoyed what I was doing during the day.

Cons

Favortism among management is clearly seen and promotions are given accordingly, even though another person may be deserving. Hours are based upon meeting credit goals and this is sometimes not efficient because goals cannot always be met.

308 Other Employee Reviews for New York & Company (View Most Recent)

Okay for part-time

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hickory, NC

I worked at New York & Company part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Good discount
    -Some management okay
    -Decent for what it is
    -Customer base is pretty good
    -Decent employee incentives - we occassionally received 50% off jeans, or an additional 25% off the regular 20% off discount, the first discount is 45% off.

Cons

-Hours based on credit card applications - I usually was scheduled for 10 hours a week because I could not and would not push credit cards, but I was a great employee otherwise so I was always called in to work or asked to come in when I was just around the mall shopping.
    -HIGH turnover - No manager I worked with is there anymore.
    -Low pay and little opportunity for pay raises, no benefits for part time employees.
    -Could not use coupons along with employee discount. Most of the time the coupons were better.
    -Litttle opportunity for advancement.
    -District Managers made things difficult for Store Managers and employees.

Stop pushing your high interest rate credit cards! Stop having employees ask THREE times if a customer wants a credit card.

Great people and lots of change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at New York & Company full-time

Pros

Great co-workers although some people have been there for 30 years or more. Lots of turnover in executive management has resulted in directional changes.

Cons

Not many opportunities for advancement once you reach mid level. The HR Department doesn't seem to be a champion the associates

We all want to be part of a winning team. Please careful not to treat the messenger of bad news as a negative person.

There are newer employer reviews for New York & Company