New York & Company
www.nyandcompany.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

A great staff makes a great store

Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Canoga Park, CA

ProsWorking with great people, discounts, meeting all kinds of people. Pay rate is decent, work keeps you busy. Making a customer feel awesome. Having a great store manager, management staff, and sales staff that gets along will always make things run smoothly.

ConsMeeting all "kinds" of people, seasonal floor sets/ plannograms that take overnight for a max of 2 days ( I actually liked that some don't), and refolding a stack of clothes 29 times in the holidays. If you are a guy be very aware you are working for women and with women, watch and think twice about what you say and do.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay Awesome and be kind to the guys that work there.

Nothing to motivate you

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

I worked at New York & Company part-time for less than a year

Pros: 15%-30% employee discounts, more around the holidays Cons: No incentives/motivation to sell company card or increase sales, Managers micromanaged instead of helped Mounds and… Advice to Senior Management: Respect your employees more, offer incentives No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

New York & Company is a very fast-paced company!

Management Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Lithonia, GA

I have been working at New York & Company part-time for more than a year

Pros: Due to the work load, New York & Company prepares… Cons: At my location, New York & Company's work load doesnt… More
There are newer reviews on New York & Company.

Worked for New York & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York & Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for New York & Company CEO Gregory Scott. All reviews posted anonymously by New York & Company employees.