New York & Company
www.nyandcompany.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Good part-time job

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Melbourne, FL

ProsI enjoyed working with most of my co-workers and the job was fairly easy. Lots of time spent stocking the store and helping customers. Taught me a lot about patience and problem solving.

ConsSome co-workers and management took advantage of my work ethic.. They would sit and watch me run around the store trying to work on everything at once, and then I would be reprimanded for not opening enough store credit cards - which is hard to do when you never get to work the register. But I finally brought it up with management and stopped killing myself so much. Also, it can be hard to get enough hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote your best employees! I would have stayed longer if I had gotten to move up to a management position - which was offered to me but due to some time I had to take off, was given to another brand new employee that didn't have the best work ethic.

Co-Workers made it interesting

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at New York & Company part-time for more than a year

Pros: Fun people to work with, good discount Cons: Poor treatment of employees by upper management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Buyers be ware!!!!

Merchant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at New York & Company full-time

Pros: Tremendous amount of exposure to Excomm and CEO. CEO is very… Cons: lack of communication from EVP's to CEO. Expectations are very unclear.… Advice to Senior Management: promote based on a results driven quota. less meetings No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on New York & Company.

Worked for New York & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York & Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for New York & Company CEO Gregory Scott. All reviews posted anonymously by New York & Company employees.