New York & Company

www.nyandcompany.com

Good part-time job

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Melbourne, FL

ProsI enjoyed working with most of my co-workers and the job was fairly easy. Lots of time spent stocking the store and helping customers. Taught me a lot about patience and problem solving.

ConsSome co-workers and management took advantage of my work ethic.. They would sit and watch me run around the store trying to work on everything at once, and then I would be reprimanded for not opening enough store credit cards - which is hard to do when you never get to work the register. But I finally brought it up with management and stopped killing myself so much. Also, it can be hard to get enough hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote your best employees! I would have stayed longer if I had gotten to move up to a management position - which was offered to me but due to some time I had to take off, was given to another brand new employee that didn't have the best work ethic.

Too much required with not enough resources

Store Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at New York & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There is a huge opportunity for advancement because there is such a high turn… Cons: The company has huge expectations but not willing to give the managers the proper tools for success, especially compared to other retailers. There is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Buyers be ware!!!!

Merchant (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at New York & Company full-time

Pros: Tremendous amount of exposure to Excomm and CEO. CEO is very… Cons: lack of communication from EVP's to CEO. Expectations are very unclear.… Advice to Senior Management: promote based on a results driven quota. less meetings No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on New York & Company.

Worked for New York & Company? Contribute to the Community!