There are newer employer reviews for New York & Company

Glad I'm not there any more!

I worked at New York & Company part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Try to hang on to good employees. Nice to get to know regular shoppers. Thankfully I had a good manager who worked around my school and second job schedules.

Cons

Terrible upper management. Most days are frustrating as you have to deal with every kind of customer and deal with endless piles of clothes. Not much opportunity for raises or to move up within the company. Really poor pay. Fast burnout rate.

265 Other Employee Reviews for New York & Company (View Most Recent)

Good part-time job

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Melbourne, FL

I worked at New York & Company part-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers and the job was fairly easy. Lots of time spent stocking the store and helping customers. Taught me a lot about patience and problem solving.

Cons

Some co-workers and management took advantage of my work ethic.. They would sit and watch me run around the store trying to work on everything at once, and then I would be reprimanded for not opening enough store credit cards - which is hard to do when you never get to work the register. But I finally brought it up with management and stopped killing myself so much. Also, it can be hard to get enough hours.

Promote your best employees! I would have stayed longer if I had gotten to move up to a management position - which was offered to me but due to some time I had to take off, was given to another brand new employee that didn't have the best work ethic.

Buyers be ware!!!!

Current Employee - Merchant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Merchant in New York, NY

I have been working at New York & Company full-time

Pros

Tremendous amount of exposure to Excomm and CEO. CEO is very knowledgeable and has a lot of merchandising experience. Promote from within.

Cons

lack of communication from EVP's to CEO. Expectations are very unclear. Very political. Promotions are not results driven, but based personal relationships.

promote based on a results driven quota.
    less meetings

There are newer employer reviews for New York & Company

Worked for New York & Company? Contribute to the Community!